Just unplayable

#1POUCHMASTERJIMPosted 5/18/2013 8:51:30 AM
Picked up this game a few days ago and was very excited, but it seems I just don't have the dexterity or fine motor control for it. I spent more than 3 hours trying to beat the skulltula and just cannot do it. I've watched video after video, and have to give it up. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it just seems that I cannot play it with the mote. It's really too bad there isn't an option for just using the controller. This is it for me and nintendo, the games are just too hard to play anymore or too hard in general like the super mario wii. Anyone else have this problem with Zelda?
#2lukeguy97Posted 5/18/2013 10:41:06 AM
Oh my goodness what is with this board and the Skulltula
#3POUCHMASTERJIM(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 10:53:26 AM
Don't get me wrong, i'm sure it's not impossible, the videos make it look easy. I just obviously can't do it, nor do I have anymore time to invest in a single enemy when i'm sure there are much more difficult ones.
#4LLL_DeadlyPosted 5/18/2013 12:04:10 PM
lol
---
http://tinyurl.com/c2zfglr
#5XiviosPosted 5/18/2013 12:28:07 PM(edited)
This games stab detection is horrifically bad. Made any and every enemy in the game that needed to be stuck vastly more difficult than even the most difficult slashable enemy. Game feels like a cross between a regular LoZ game and QWOP.
---
What do you want from me?
#6Earth_EchidnaPosted 5/18/2013 1:02:16 PM
Xivios posted...
This games stab detection is horrifically bad. Made any and every enemy in the game that needed to be stuck vastly more difficult than even the most difficult slashable enemy. Game feels like a cross between a regular LoZ game and QWOP.

Huh? I felt it was easy.

But simply, to flip the Skulltula, I always use the Spin Attack. After that, land a fatal blow or, if on the string, a stab.

But yeesh... calling a game unplayable because of a simple ENEMY? That's just plain stupid. An unplayable game is a game with bad controls, horrific graphics, and bad plotline. A challenging enemy is none of these things, even if it can turn frustrating. Trust me, the Skulltulas aren't everywhere.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards
#72pp3nd1xPosted 5/18/2013 2:39:28 PM
I assume he's talking about a hanging one but if they're on the ground then you can point your sword downward and swing it up to flip them. After that just fatal blow. Stab detection was fine, maybe your sensor bar or something is messed up.
---
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk
#8surferguy7Posted 5/18/2013 2:48:57 PM
Skultulla

Upward Slash + Ending Blow

IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT PEOPLE.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#9DrumguyPosted 5/18/2013 4:59:42 PM(edited)
POUCHMASTERJIM posted...
nor do I have anymore time to invest in a single enemy when i'm sure there are much more difficult ones.

Then perhaps you don't need to be playing video games.

This isn't a matter of a game's playability, this is a matter of someone giving up too easily on a game that isn't really all that difficult. It's harder than recent Zelda games, but still not that difficult.

I'd hate to see some newcomers attempt LoZ and AoL.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#10XiviosPosted 5/18/2013 8:26:00 PM(edited)
2pp3nd1x posted...
I assume he's talking about a hanging one but if they're on the ground then you can point your sword downward and swing it up to flip them. After that just fatal blow. Stab detection was fine, maybe your sensor bar or something is messed up.

The only time this game uses the sensor bar is during calibration. After that, it's entirely done by the motion sensor system, which is not as accurate at is should be. In any case, the sensor bar is used for the pointer (in most games, but even pointer actions are done with the motion sensor in this game, which, incidentally, makes them slower to respond and less accurate than Wii launch titles, despite using the expensive motion+ add on), even when a game does use it, its ability to detect foreward and backwards motion (ie the stab) is very limited.

To clarify, Skulltula's aren't difficult, stabbing is. Controls are bad. That's it.
---
What do you want from me?