Just unplayable

#21Faliz18Posted 5/22/2013 11:00:03 AM
Earth_Echidna posted...
Xivios posted...
This games stab detection is horrifically bad. Made any and every enemy in the game that needed to be stuck vastly more difficult than even the most difficult slashable enemy. Game feels like a cross between a regular LoZ game and QWOP.

An unplayable game is a game with bad controls, horrific graphics, and bad plotline.

All of which SS has.
---
PSN/XBL-Faliz18
Awaiting: Mario Wii U, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls 6, Halo 5, Destiny, Arkham Origins, and Retro's project.
#22CatMutoPosted 5/23/2013 5:23:27 AM
Faliz18 posted...
An unplayable game is a game with bad controls, horrific graphics, and bad plotline.

All of which SS has.

Plot was never big with Zelda to begin with - it's a typical Become the Hero/Save the World thing. They tried to be more plot centered with SS, but it failed cause Zelda generally doesn't have plot.

I thought the graphics and controls were good, but I'm kinda tired of constantly having to state that.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who dislikes FF VII, OoT and similar and isn't afraid to admit it
#23MarceloSampaioPosted 5/23/2013 5:54:22 AM
CatMuto posted...
POUCHMASTERJIM posted...
I just want a controller and buttons, which is why I indicated that i'm done with nintendo. Nothing is fun anymore.

Well that's dumb. That must mean you won't be playing any games anymore, considering we also have Kinect and Playstation Move. Heck, it's stupid to say you won't play anything by Nintendo anymore, because one game has only Motion Controls.C-A

To be fair, Kinect and PS Move is mandatory is less games than Nintendo games. In fact, most first party games on the Wii requires the use of some form of motion controls (shaking the controller to make Mario attack in Mario galaxy was ridiculous!).
#24Richo RosaiPosted 5/23/2013 10:47:50 AM
CatMuto posted...

Um, have you tried opening the map and just pressing Down on the D-Pad to re-center? My aim always goes off during Boss Rush - particularly when I face the Imprisoned or Ghirahim, and that generally fixes it when I notice that the sword is held too far in a direction I don't want it in.

I should have tried that. For some reason in my mind the pointing being uncentered an sword/swimming, etc. being miscalibrated were two separate issues. I'll keep that in mind 3 years from now when I replay it.
---
Most RPGs are turn based and that really sucks. What's the point of standing there and letting the guy hit you? ~ khachik
#25PappinAcePosted 5/31/2013 5:07:18 PM
You serious? One skultulla does not make this game unplayable.

These things, however, do: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/66326635
#26Spidey5Posted 6/1/2013 7:54:59 AM
Unplayable, or you just suck. Which is more likely?
#27VentanrexPosted 6/2/2013 12:08:37 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
To be fair, Kinect and PS Move is mandatory is less games than Nintendo games. In fact, most first party games on the Wii requires the use of some form of motion controls (shaking the controller to make Mario attack in Mario galaxy was ridiculous!).

I don't see how flicking your wrist is much different from pressing a button. Sure, it may not be making great use of motion controls but its simple and effective. And its certainly easier than using the Kinect.
Besides, look at the wii-mote; how many buttons can you press at once? 4. Compare that to a PS3 controller where you can press 6/7 (including L3 and R3) buttons at once along with the six-axis controls. Shaking the remote gives us a valuable 5th input on the Wii's controller.
---
A person is a person, no matter how small. -Horton
Founding Knight of Safe Haven.