I really liked that part where...*probable spoiler*

#1TheGhostPosted 7/4/2013 8:08:39 PM
Ya know, in the desert region with that time-stone thing. (is it obvious I haven't played the game for a year?)

I mean, I still think the game is the worst in the series, but I think exploring that region with the stone in your hand and seeing the terrain shift around you was a lot of fun. Especially when it got sort of challenging when you had to keep up with that cart leaving the cave.
---
When you get your historical understanding from movies, then you just make nem's job easier. kiricat
#2PappinAcePosted 7/5/2013 3:11:51 PM
I really liked that part where...

...near the middle of the game, that character tells you exactly where to go and what to do there to progress in the game, then Fi repeats the exact same thing. It's especially fun when it gets challenging because Fi sometimes says it's only an 85% chance, making you think of other possibilities that the 15% could be!

...you're fighting an enemy and run across a trinket that he dropped, and the game stops and forces you to put away your sword in order to remind you what it is. It happens with insects too; very informative!

...they show the cutscene where your bird gets a name. Birds were built up from the beginning of the game to be an important part of Skyloft's culture, and I like how much the birds' characters were developed.

...the Bokoblins attack you. They were very aggressive and didn't telegraph their weak points, making combat fun and challenging.

....the overworld finally opens up. There's a ton of cool stuff to discover in the sky, and I loved flying from village to village finding new sidequests and meeting new people. I especially loved exploring at night; the atmosphere in the sky at nighttime was really nice.

Feel free to add more! ITT we discuss our favorite parts of the game.
#3Chaos_EchoPosted 7/5/2013 5:45:23 PM
PappinAce posted...

...near the middle of the game, that character tells you exactly where to go and what to do there to progress in the game, then Fi repeats the exact same thing. It's especially fun when it gets challenging because Fi sometimes says it's only an 85% chance, making you think of other possibilities that the 15% could be!

...you're fighting an enemy and run across a trinket that he dropped, and the game stops and forces you to put away your sword in order to remind you what it is. It happens with insects too; very informative!

...they show the cutscene where your bird gets a name. Birds were built up from the beginning of the game to be an important part of Skyloft's culture, and I like how much the birds' characters were developed.

...the Bokoblins attack you. They were very aggressive and didn't telegraph their weak points, making combat fun and challenging.

....the overworld finally opens up. There's a ton of cool stuff to discover in the sky, and I loved flying from village to village finding new sidequests and meeting new people. I especially loved exploring at night; the atmosphere in the sky at nighttime was really nice.

Haha! I get it! You're being sarcastic, and these are actually things that you don't like about the game! And you haven't driven your dislike of this game into the ground, nor have any other posters, so this is still very funny!
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#4Rocky2418Posted 7/5/2013 11:03:03 PM
I love how enthusiastic everybody is! :-)

PappinAce posted...

I know, right?! Oh, how delightful those things were!

Seriously, though... I certainly don't hate this game, as this person or others may. It's not one of my top Zelda games, but it was solid and I enjoyed it. Still, those two things were extremely aggravating to me. Oh well, every game's got its issues.
---
"Why is it so hard? ... Why can't you just take me? ... I don't have much to go... before... I fade completely..." - Kelly Clarkson
#5CatMutoPosted 7/5/2013 11:18:47 PM
Chaos_Echo posted...
Haha! I get it! You're being sarcastic, and these are actually things that you don't like about the game! And you haven't driven your dislike of this game into the ground, nor have any other posters, so this is still very funny!

I know, isn't PappinAce hilarious~?

...Lake Floria is unlocked. The area just looks amazing and Link jumping off just makes me want to hold up a scorecard. Swimming along was neat. And the whole Ancient Cistern thing was amazing. Loved that part.
I know I have other moments I love, but this one is my favorite.

C-A
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme
#6MachachanPosted 7/6/2013 2:49:56 AM
Yeah, the desert thing was easily the best part of the game :) It was really nice design. They had some really, really good ideas here (if only they had extended the ideas to EVERY aspect of the game! If so, this might have been my favorite. Too bad some parts really prevented it)

Another part I really liked were puzzles. We had less four tourches and more puzzles that made SOME sense. More of that please!
#7nathanlw421Posted 7/6/2013 7:50:36 AM
I find myself particularly torn about this entry in the series. It is FAR from my favorite Zelda game but, upon replaying it for the third time, I've come to appreciate the things that they did right and have completely come to abhor the things they did wrong.

The worse part (that everyone has commented on) was the constant hand-holding of the annoying Fi. For people who hated Navi (I am not one of those) they have to admit that Fi was a thousand times worse. The constant repeating of information just makes things drag out longer than they should. For me though, was how every time you loaded the game, you had to go through all of the explanations of what everything was. Nothing is more aggravating than fighting to Lizalfos and suddenly having Link stop, put his sword away, and hold up the tail like he's never seen it before. Of course, then it goes right back to the action where the second one suddenly backhands you because you were to preoccupied with the trophy of his fallen brother.

Of course, none of this is new complaints, so I'm probably just wasting my "breath" talking about them. I guess the point I was trying to make was that this is not as horrible a game as people make it out to be but almost every complaint people have mentioned are valid points. I think it's just one of those games that take multiple playthroughs to make you realize the good parts of the game that are covered up by all the bad parts.
#8Krazoa2Posted 7/6/2013 3:08:48 PM
My favorite part was how hitting bomb-able walls with your sword made a higher-pitched sound. I remember it didn't work on all the walls sadly, but when I tried for the first time and I heard that "Ding!", it made me happy.

I also really liked the whole time desert ocean thing too, as well as that whole time distroting concept. When recommending this game to one of my friends, that was one of the things I praised the game for.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#9Faliz18Posted 7/6/2013 3:19:55 PM
PappinAce posted...

This.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#10lukeguy97Posted 7/6/2013 3:55:40 PM
Chapter two of Lanayru felt like a whole different game slapped on to Skyward Sword. And I love it. There's a whole new overworld with several mini-dungeons and a mini-game scattered around, and the whole chapter has its own unique storyline separate from the rest of the game. Ever notice how this is the only chapter of the game wherein Ghirahim has nothing to do with anything?