I really liked that part where...*probable spoiler*

#31Faliz18Posted 7/11/2013 5:07:28 PM
Krazoa2 posted...
Faliz18 posted...
I'm that guy who waited 5 years and 50 dollars for this mess.

I used to be a Nintendo fanboy like a lot of you. This game single handed my opened my eyes and I thank it for that. I watched in horror as I saw that people legitimately think this is a 10/10 game and destroyed gamespot for giving it a 7.5, far higher than it actually deserves.

But now I've purchased real video game consoles and played real video games built around quality mechanics, not overdone gimmicks.

Unrelated to my fuel for posting, but I actually am one of the people who put off this game because of the people saying so many bad things about it. I was never going to bother with the game until someone I know bought it and I watched them play a bit. I immediately saw the flaws, but also saw how it could be fun. They eventually let me borrow it and bam, an enjoyable experience I could've missed out on because of people not knowing how to properly critique.

Your eyes have never been open in regards to video games.

*Looks at Micro$oft. Looks as "Quality". Looks back at Micro$oft. Laughs ass off.*

My eyes are open now.

Before I mindlessly gobbled up anything Nintendo would s*** out like you fanboys.

I don't get what that last part was about. Maybe you are trying to be cute? Anyway, Gears of War and Halo are far superior to Skyward Sword. Both Microsoft IPs. The fact that they are two of the most influential games of the past 10 years speaks volumes of their quality.

Skyward Sword? Completely forgotten. Mediocre sales composed only of the Nintendo fanboys.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#32Krazoa2Posted 7/11/2013 7:25:26 PM
Faliz18 posted...

My eyes are open now.

Before I mindlessly gobbled up anything Nintendo would s*** out like you fanboys.

I don't get what that last part was about. Maybe you are trying to be cute? Anyway, Gears of War and Halo are far superior to Skyward Sword. Both Microsoft IPs. The fact that they are two of the most influential games of the past 10 years speaks volumes of their quality.

Skyward Sword? Completely forgotten. Mediocre sales composed only of the Nintendo fanboys.

You mindlessly gobbled up anything Nintendo threw at you, then when you learned another company made games more specifically for your type of person, you started mindlessly gobbling up anything Microsoft threw at you. Your eyes are still closed.

I don't have to try to be cute, I just am~

"Two most influential" The only thing I can gather from this is how negatively these games have affected the gaming community, so that's not an argument on your part XD
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#33CharizardFirePosted 7/11/2013 7:38:11 PM
CatMuto posted...
The worse part (that everyone has commented on) was the constant hand-holding of the annoying Fi. For people who hated Navi (I am not one of those) they have to admit that Fi was a thousand times worse.

*cough cough* I may have mentioned Fi popping up a lot, but it never annoyed me.
And No, Navi was still worse. If I chose to do sidequests before proceeding with the storyline, Fi left me alone until I chose to call her. She never popped up to remind me. Navi, on the other hand, kept popping up what felt like every 5-10 minutes. And No, I could not ignore her with 'Navi' constantly blinking at the top of the screen (3DS Version) and distracting me all the time. Plus, Navi clogged up a button I needed at times - I prefer to look around normally without grabbing a weapon. Fi didn't clog up a button that had a different function to it. And she left me alone while doing sidequests.
So... yeah, Navi is still worse.

Also, in OOT 3D, Navi occasionally suggests that you take a break. Fi never does that.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#34Shadowfire14Posted 7/11/2013 7:39:51 PM
Faliz18 posted...
Krazoa2 posted...
Faliz18 posted...
I'm that guy who waited 5 years and 50 dollars for this mess.

I used to be a Nintendo fanboy like a lot of you. This game single handed my opened my eyes and I thank it for that. I watched in horror as I saw that people legitimately think this is a 10/10 game and destroyed gamespot for giving it a 7.5, far higher than it actually deserves.

But now I've purchased real video game consoles and played real video games built around quality mechanics, not overdone gimmicks.

Unrelated to my fuel for posting, but I actually am one of the people who put off this game because of the people saying so many bad things about it. I was never going to bother with the game until someone I know bought it and I watched them play a bit. I immediately saw the flaws, but also saw how it could be fun. They eventually let me borrow it and bam, an enjoyable experience I could've missed out on because of people not knowing how to properly critique.

Your eyes have never been open in regards to video games.

*Looks at Micro$oft. Looks as "Quality". Looks back at Micro$oft. Laughs ass off.*

My eyes are open now.

> Gears of War
> Influential

Pick one.

If anything, GoW gave us gratuitous cover based shooting and horde mode, neither of which has done the gaming industry any good.

In general, though, Gears was fun for the first installment, it had some decent multiplayer and was quite enjoyable to play with friends. My biggest gripe is that it pretty much stagnated at the intro to the second game and fell flat on its face with character development, or basically anything that would typically qualify a sequel as necessary.

Halo, on the other had, was pretty much heralded as the first game to do First-Person shooters particularly well on consoles. It has a great expanded universe with interesting characters that mostly came together as an effort by a larger community. At this point, though, I can't say that it's doing well any more. Halo 4 was the definition of "stagnant" and doesn't do much in the way of trying to make the IP fresh or interesting.

If your plan is to say that Nintendo is the only one serving up stale material, I'm afraid you're mistaken, because Microsoft is hardly any better.
---
Mage of Mind || Feesh of Jungle || http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
"The League of Yordles, plus one fish." - FoxyAreku
#35Krazoa2Posted 7/11/2013 8:17:52 PM
CharizardFire posted...

Also, in OOT 3D, Navi occasionally suggests that you take a break. Fi never does that.

In SS, you're the one suggesting that Fi takes a break. Oho~
---
#36CatMutoPosted 7/12/2013 1:21:24 AM
Anyway, Gears of War and Halo are far superior to Skyward Sword. Both Microsoft IPs.

You can't even compare Gears or Halo to Skyward!
Halo and Gears are First/Third Person Shooters and Skyward is an Action Adventure game. Those two game genres are completely different from each other, it's impossible to compare them and get a decent result out of it. That's like comparing an RPG like Final Fantasy to Dating Sim games like Tokimeki Memorial. It doesn't make sense to compare them because there is nothing to compare.

Also, in OOT 3D, Navi occasionally suggests that you take a break.

I played Ocarina 3DS for hours on time and Navi never piped up about that, strangely enough.
Kind of odd, actually, I was expecting her to pop up after two hours.

C-A
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme
#37Faliz18Posted 7/17/2013 8:50:54 PM
Krazoa2 posted...
Faliz18 posted...

My eyes are open now.

You mindlessly gobbled up anything Nintendo threw at you, then when you learned another company made games more specifically for your type of person, you started mindlessly gobbling up anything Microsoft threw at you. Your eyes are still closed.

I don't have to try to be cute, I just am~

"Two most influential" The only thing I can gather from this is how negatively these games have affected the gaming community, so that's not an argument on your part XD

Nope. I don't gobble up MS games because I still see the flaws in them.

Judgment sucked. Halo 4 tried to hard to be casual and appeal to the cod crowd.

But you know what? Those are both better than SS. I had fun with both games. That's more than I can say for SS. Hell, I almost have 200 hours on Halo 4. You couldn't pay me to play SS again.

The best part? Nobody gobbled up either of those games. Judgment got above average reviews compared to the 90s of the original trilogy, and Halo 4's population is a fraction of 3's.

Meanwhile, Nintendo fanboys gobble up all the latest Mario's and Zelda's and Pokemons regardless of quality.

I don't know, but introducing online gaming to consoles and revolutionizing the FPS genre (albeit in negative ways that don't work well outside arena shooters) are way more important than some gimmicky controls. The back of my Gears 3 box literally has "Most influential franchise if this generation-GameTrailers". The same company that was payed to give your precious SS a 9.1.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
#38CatMutoPosted 7/18/2013 1:28:13 AM(edited)
I don't know, but introducing online gaming to consoles and revolutionizing the FPS genre (albeit in negative ways that don't work well outside arena shooters) are way more important than some gimmicky controls.

Oh yeah cause internet on my gaming console is SO FREAKING IMPORTANT, yeah I love that my bills get higher because I have internet access put onto my console. Said internet access is not used 99% of the time. Such a GREAT addition to my gaming console.
That's always what I wanted to do with my GAME console. Go onto the f***ing INTERNET.

And before anyone even thinks about griping at me that I'm not obligated to have consoles like the 360, PS3 or Wii plugged into the internet at times, chill. I don't have them plugged in majority of the time. Making the online possibility pretty much pointless.

And Faliz, I'm not particularly a Nintendo Fanboy, but I have pretty much given up on Mario games. I don't get how people can say Zelda is getting stale now when Mario hasn't changed its damn "Save Princess From Dragon" formula at all.
As for Pokémon, Meh. I care more about what the trainers look like than the monsters themselves.

C-A
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Chocobo Theme
#39Krazoa2Posted 7/18/2013 7:48:12 AM
Faliz18 posted...
I don't know, but introducing online gaming to consoles and revolutionizing the FPS genre

Both of these things have harmed gaming as a whole, just like everything else you've been praising. Try again.

CatMuto posted...
Oh yeah cause internet on my gaming console is SO FREAKING IMPORTANT, yeah I love that my bills get higher because I have internet access put onto my console. Said internet access is not used 99% of the time. Such a GREAT addition to my gaming console.
That's always what I wanted to do with my GAME console. Go onto the f***ing INTERNET.

And before anyone even thinks about griping at me that I'm not obligated to have consoles like the 360, PS3 or Wii plugged into the internet at times, chill. I don't have them plugged in majority of the time. Making the online possibility pretty much pointless.

And Faliz, I'm not particularly a Nintendo Fanboy, but I have pretty much given up on Mario games. I don't get how people can say Zelda is getting stale now when Mario hasn't changed its damn "Save Princess From Dragon" formula at all.
As for Pokémon, Meh. I care more about what the trainers look like than the monsters themselves.

C-A

How can you make such a big emphasis on your "GAME" console, then in the same post show you don't realize that Mario games are about the GAMEplay and not the story? You know, because they're video GAMES? People seriously care about story in Mario games? It's like caring about story in a Zelda ga...oh my. What is this world coming to?

And I don't know if it matters to bring up that Peach is a playable character in the next game.
---
#40Faliz18Posted 7/19/2013 2:23:18 PM
That's okay, just keep eating up those stale Nintendo games. I hear there's 3 new Mario games on the way! I'm sure you're excited. Maybe mom will get it for you on Christmass?
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18