7min trailer

#41evilashxeroPosted 1/14/2013 5:46:39 PM
personae777 posted...
Holy crud...I hope those were corrupt cyborg cops.

Well, they did try to shoot him right off the bat.
---
NO REFUGE
#42eric_otnessPosted 1/14/2013 5:48:00 PM
personae777 posted...

I wouldn't be surprised if they were also members of Desperado. Aside from the fact that more than a few cyborgs seemed to possess similar equipment to Desperado (the face masks, for one, not to mention looking very similar to the advanced one at one point), don't forget that Stephen Armstrong, the guy running for President and former Colorado Senator, was strongly implied to be behind Desperado's actions.
#43CassyChanPosted 1/14/2013 5:49:55 PM
personae777 posted...

Nope, I'm betting they were all nice family-men with wives, children, brothers and sisters to support, parents who they visit at the retirement home every weekend, the kind of guys that do charity fun-runs to help raise funds for ill children, all stand-up guys I'd bet. Mwaahahahahaha.

That said the whole killing cops thing is what put me off the trailer, perhaps in the full game it's in a context where it doesn't seem totally wrong, but I think the point of a trailer like that is to shock people and get them talking about it, just like MW2 did with its infamous "No Russian" mission.
---
Currently playing: Anarchy Reigns
Games I play: http://psnprofiles.com/cassychan
#44JohnnyCage1933Posted 1/14/2013 5:53:35 PM
Why would killing virtual cops put you off to a game?
---
psn: TaNkBuStA40
#45AJ2412Posted 1/14/2013 5:54:47 PM

This.
Especially since the cops fired at Raiden first in the middle of the highway. Those cops deserves it, really. The could have killed a lot of innocent people by doing that.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#46Dominus_1Posted 1/14/2013 5:55:34 PM
Let alone the cops are cyborgs and probably programmed by nanomachines to kill you!
#47evilashxeroPosted 1/14/2013 5:56:42 PM
Someone should redo this trailer with Body Count's "Cop Killer" blasting in the background.
---
NO REFUGE
#48CassyChanPosted 1/14/2013 6:02:55 PM
JohnnyCage1933 posted...

It hasn't put me off the game, I said it put me off the trailer. And the reason it did was because I liked the character how he was back in MGS4 and all the previous stuff we saw about Rising, now he's just gone completely crazy and doesn't seem to care who he's killing. The new crazy Raiden's cool, but I just wasn't expecting him to want to kill cops who are just doing their job (which, given the context we have for that scene, is how it seems).
---
#49JohnnyCage1933Posted 1/14/2013 6:08:53 PM
Ah okay...I didn't know if you were one of those video games makes you do violent things in real life...I agree as I don't know about the turn to extreme crazy...but I really hope there's a reason
---
psn: TaNkBuStA40
#50CassyChanPosted 1/14/2013 6:19:01 PM(edited)
JohnnyCage1933 posted...
Ah okay...I didn't know if you were one of those video games makes you do violent things in real life...I agree as I don't know about the turn to extreme crazy...but I really hope there's a reason

lol, **** no dude, I love taking off limbs in ninja Gaiden and all of that gory stuff.

It's funny that what we were just shown (awesome and adrenaline-fuelled as it was) kinda went the oposite way on everything we've known about the Metal Gear series to now. Instead of not alerting people we're out in the open taunting them, instead of avoiding conflict the playable character loves it, instead of avoiding killing we see Raiden chopping off cops' legs and leaving them to writhe around on the floor, lol. I guess that was their intention in the trailer, to show people this is drastically different in terms of objective, story and characters.

That said I've not been this hyped for a release since MGS4, this game looks awesome.
---