7min trailer

#51ZakuLordJoePosted 1/14/2013 6:21:35 PM
Awesome. Just...so goddamn awesome!
---
No...the legendary Sparda...it can't be!
#52Hunter_mkPosted 1/14/2013 6:24:36 PM
the quality was awful, but it was awesome, I wonder if it's another crazy dream sequence of him
---
Why improve skills when you can buy them
#53Rude HeroPosted 1/14/2013 6:26:50 PM
Jack The Ripper. Well that persona is there...

Could make for some very interesting sequences >=P
---
If I were the person upon whom you sought revenge, you'd already be dead. - Hong Xuiying ~ Shenmue II
#54JohnnyCage1933Posted 1/14/2013 6:34:28 PM
CassyChan posted...
JohnnyCage1933 posted...
Ah okay...I didn't know if you were one of those video games makes you do violent things in real life...I agree as I don't know about the turn to extreme crazy...but I really hope there's a reason

lol, **** no dude, I love taking off limbs in ninja Gaiden and all of that gory stuff.

It's funny that what we were just shown (awesome and adrenaline-fuelled as it was) kinda went the oposite way on everything we've known about the Metal Gear series to now. Instead of not alerting people we're out in the open taunting them, instead of avoiding conflict the playable character loves it, instead of avoiding killing we see Raiden chopping off cops' legs and leaving them to writhe around on the floor, lol. I guess that was their intention in the trailer, to show people this is drastically different in terms of objective, story and characters.

That said I've not been this hyped for a release since MGS4, this game looks awesome.

Oh yeah I am super hyped as well...Metal Gear is well Metal Gear...I had then on NES and while I had no idea how to beat those games at the age...I still love them!

There seems to be a lot of Metal Gear on the horizon which is exciting
---
psn: TaNkBuStA40
#55ZakuLordJoePosted 1/14/2013 6:35:49 PM(edited)
Anyone else get a chuckle out or Raiden driving a normal civilian car in his cyborg body? Heh it was kinda funny to me. Seemed so out of place.

Not a bad thing mind you, It just got laugh out of me.
---
No...the legendary Sparda...it can't be!
#56Darknessbeast10Posted 1/14/2013 6:42:44 PM
ZakuLordJoe posted...
Anyone else get a chuckle out or Raiden driving a normal civilian car in his cyborg body? Heh it was kinda funny to me. Seemed so out of place.

Not a bad thing mind you, It just got laugh out of me.

Not the only one, I honestly didn't think raiden could drive a car in his cyborg body.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#57WingedHunterMK2Posted 1/14/2013 7:02:44 PM
I sincerely hope that Raiden (since he legally changed his name away from Jack) and his more violent tendencies aren't some bipolar alternate personality. I hope that Raiden is legitimately like this but rightfully acts like a normal person with his family for example.

I never liked the cliche of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That whole "psychopath that doesn't remember not even a trace their actions." It sounds like excuses and just plain old poor writing. I also hated how in Prince of Persia the Two Thrones. The story was exactly this but with the Prince literally actively talking with his dark side throughout the game.

Raiden is not like Snake. Snake kills when he needs to do, to get the job done. End of story. Raiden differs in his enjoyment of crushing those who become his enemies. Its a good way to differentiate the two heroes.
---
http://tinyurl.com/bzmf8qv MGTOW 4 Life
#58WingedHunterMK2Posted 1/14/2013 7:03:32 PM
I_am_Lightning posted...
Man is this Evil Raiden like evil cole LOL.

Evil Cole was a disappointment in Infamous. He still lets people treat him like crap.
---
http://tinyurl.com/bzmf8qv MGTOW 4 Life
#59RichterB17Posted 1/14/2013 7:04:15 PM
WingedHunterMK2 posted...
I sincerely hope that Raiden (since he legally changed his name away from Jack) and his more violent tendencies aren't some bipolar alternate personality. I hope that Raiden is legitimately like this but rightfully acts like a normal person with his family for example.

I never liked the cliche of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That whole "psychopath that doesn't remember not even a trace their actions." It sounds like excuses and just plain old poor writing. I also hated how in Prince of Persia the Two Thrones. The story was exactly this but with the Prince literally actively talking with his dark side throughout the game.

Raiden is not like Snake. Snake kills when he needs to do, to get the job done. End of story. Raiden differs in his enjoyment of crushing those who become his enemies. Its a good way to differentiate the two heroes.

I don't think it's going to be like that. Raiden seem's very aware of what he is doing and how he is behaving.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#60eric_otnessPosted 1/14/2013 7:24:57 PM
Just a brief question:

Did one of the cops shout the f-word while being cut up by Raiden? Perhaps they should release a trailer with English closed captioning so we can verify it.