7min trailer

#61RagirothPosted 1/14/2013 6:26:00 PM
Cool trailer but c'mon, no new weapons AGAIN? Not even sub-weapons? I really hope they're just not trying to spoil them. But I mean at least show Etranger in action. We've kinda seen that already.

I also lol'd at Raiden driving the car in that body. And I think those cops kinda deserved it. And I was wondering what the deal with the red kinda aura Raiden has in the Mon that was soon fight. Awesome.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#62WingedHunterMK2Posted 1/14/2013 6:26:09 PM
RichterB17 posted...
WingedHunterMK2 posted...
I sincerely hope that Raiden (since he legally changed his name away from Jack) and his more violent tendencies aren't some bipolar alternate personality. I hope that Raiden is legitimately like this but rightfully acts like a normal person with his family for example.

I never liked the cliche of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That whole "psychopath that doesn't remember not even a trace their actions." It sounds like excuses and just plain old poor writing. I also hated how in Prince of Persia the Two Thrones. The story was exactly this but with the Prince literally actively talking with his dark side throughout the game.

Raiden is not like Snake. Snake kills when he needs to do, to get the job done. End of story. Raiden differs in his enjoyment of crushing those who become his enemies. Its a good way to differentiate the two heroes.

I don't think it's going to be like that. Raiden seem's very aware of what he is doing and how he is behaving.

We still got to wait for the full game to come out. This cut scene may not even be in the game at all. And it wouldn't be the first time. I recall this one trailer for MGS3 showing Big Boss holding up a soldier on a motorcycle and the guy says "This is no Vice City" in reference to Grand Theft Auto and him driving off leaving BB alone in the jungle. So its all promo material thus far IMO.
---
http://tinyurl.com/bzmf8qv MGTOW 4 Life
#63eric_otnessPosted 1/14/2013 6:28:34 PM
Ragiroth posted...
Cool trailer but c'mon, no new weapons AGAIN? Not even sub-weapons? I really hope they're just not trying to spoil them. But I mean at least show Etranger in action. We've kinda seen that already.

I also lol'd at Raiden driving the car in that body. And I think those cops kinda deserved it. And I was wondering what the deal with the red kinda aura Raiden has in the Mon that was soon fight. Awesome.

Monsoon? I thought that was Sundowner? The environment resembled that of Sundowner from that scan, anyway.
#64SDBZPosted 1/14/2013 6:31:02 PM
I think a motorcycle would suit Raiden better.

And I love how Quinton Flynn does "Jack the Ripper" Raiden's voice!
---
I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. You'd better remember me! - Tsukasa Kadoya, Kamen Rider Decade. PSN ID - KamenRiderShinzo
#65CassyChanPosted 1/14/2013 6:31:36 PM
eric_otness posted...
Just a brief question:

Did one of the cops shout the f-word while being cut up by Raiden? Perhaps they should release a trailer with English closed captioning so we can verify it.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=32734&Title=

Probably was, yeah, the ratings people say it features f-bombs.
---
Currently playing: Anarchy Reigns
Games I play: http://psnprofiles.com/cassychan
#66DarkchocolateXPosted 1/14/2013 6:32:00 PM
RichterB17 posted...
I sincerely hope that Raiden (since he legally changed his name away from Jack) and his more violent tendencies aren't some bipolar alternate personality. I hope that Raiden is legitimately like this but rightfully acts like a normal person with his family for example.

I never liked the cliche of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That whole "psychopath that doesn't remember not even a trace their actions." It sounds like excuses and just plain old poor writing. I also hated how in Prince of Persia the Two Thrones. The story was exactly this but with the Prince literally actively talking with his dark side throughout the game.

Raiden is not like Snake. Snake kills when he needs to do, to get the job done. End of story. Raiden differs in his enjoyment of crushing those who become his enemies. Its a good way to differentiate the two heroes.

I don't think it's going to be like that. Raiden seem's very aware of what he is doing and how he is behaving.

We still got to wait for the full game to come out. This cut scene may not even be in the game at all. And it wouldn't be the first time. I recall this one trailer for MGS3 showing Big Boss holding up a soldier on a motorcycle and the guy says "This is no Vice City" in reference to Grand Theft Auto and him driving off leaving BB alone in the jungle. So its all promo material thus far IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVeEL1qsrlM

I remember that one to. Was pretty awesome:P This yet again looked as if its was part of a GTA joke at the start.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#67ukokira1Posted 1/14/2013 6:43:06 PM
RichterB17 posted...

But this shows actual gameplay that relates to the cutscene.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#68solidoutlawPosted 1/14/2013 6:43:55 PM
Going to copy paste my post from SRK in regards to the trailers. Possible speculation spoilers so I'll put tags.

Ok, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're going to get a Devil Trigger style power up sometime in the game, which will feature Raiden regressing to his Jack the ripper persona, hence the red tint and the more aggressive personality we see sometimes. And as the game goes by, it'll start having more and more lasting effects on him, becoming more and more dominant (hence the Jack persona even with the blue tint lightning). It could be similar to how in MGS4, the nanomachine injections had a lasting effect on Snake in not just story but gameplay as well if you used it too often. Raiden could end up in a battle for control of who he really is. And especially pay extra mind to how he didn't seem to care at all when one of winds of destruction (assuming it's them) says he's just like them. Not to mention how he seemed to enjoy the blood on his sword, which contrasts to even earlier in the game on how he always wipes the blood off.
---
PSN: rayplay I have not played P4 yet so pls don't spoil!!
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#69rice_noodlesPosted 1/14/2013 6:54:08 PM
Oh my, cop killing.

Think they'll get into trouble in America?
#70WingedHunterMK2Posted 1/14/2013 6:56:14 PM
Why would they? Cops are corrupt the world over.
---
http://tinyurl.com/bzmf8qv MGTOW 4 Life