7min trailer

#81sephiroth068Posted 1/15/2013 2:36:19 AM
rice_noodles posted...
Phaild posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Oh my, cop killing.

Think they'll get into trouble in America?

"Cops" do not have the authority to use lethal force on suspects just because they feel like it.

They do in America.

Oh ho ho.

no...they really dont
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#82ToxicKookiePosted 1/15/2013 3:20:34 AM
sephiroth068 posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Phaild posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Oh my, cop killing.

"Cops" do not have the authority to use lethal force on suspects just because they feel like it.

They do in America.

Oh ho ho.

no...they really dont

I think what he meant was, authority or not, they still use it, usually against minorities.
#83Fenris30Posted 1/15/2013 3:43:42 AM
That trailer was fun. And yeah, I mean...Raiden was never the most stable dude in the barn. The guy's been killing people since he was six, after going through practical brainwashing and being fed gunpowder with drugs in it, and I don't think he actually got any sort of psychiatric help through his years. He is just not %/&!ing around anymore. I'm pretty sure those cops were fairly dirty as well.

I'm really looking forward to those upgrades he can get. I'm actually thinking the 'dismember outside blade mode' may be said upgrade. I did chuckle at the car though...if only because I'm pretty sure he can run faster than a car as it is. Feb 22nd can't come fast enough though I'll say that much. This game has been at the top of my list since the *very first* announcement and the long wait will finally pay off.

Will be interesting to see though what starts driving him back toward Jack the Ripper; it could well be he just sees so much stuff he gets tired of it and ends up going to his 'curbstomp now ask later' attitude to full blast.
#84PhaildPosted 1/15/2013 3:53:29 AM
Fenris30 posted...
Will be interesting to see though what starts driving him back toward Jack the Ripper; it could well be he just sees so much stuff he gets tired of it and ends up going to his 'curbstomp now ask later' attitude to full blast.

Most likely has something to do with the fact that Desperados have connections inside the U.S government, which possibly allows them to get away with their shady business practices (Which according to the previews involves brainwashing and human experimentations).

So Raiden's only alternative is literally to hunt down the people responsible and cut them down.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#85largerockPosted 1/15/2013 3:53:30 AM
RichterB17 posted...
My reaction http://youtu.be/VLnWf1sQkjY?t=27s

---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#86orochimaruPosted 1/15/2013 3:59:01 AM
Dominus_1 posted...
No new weapons shown.. how underwhelming..

Underwhelming that the word. even if the gameplay part is nice, it doesn't show anything new... Oh well, you have the 2 giant robot... But no weapons, no sub weapons, no new moves, and most important there is still some characters that are completely un-shown yet, like Sunny or Armstrong...

On a 7 mins trailer there were better things to show, than just cop killing...
#87largerockPosted 1/15/2013 4:03:12 AM
Watch the end....
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#88Fenris30Posted 1/15/2013 4:06:29 AM
Phaild posted...
Fenris30 posted...

Most likely has something to do with the fact that Desperados have connections inside the U.S government, which possibly allows them to get away with their shady business practices (Which according to the previews involves brainwashing and human experimentations).

So Raiden's only alternative is literally to hunt down the people responsible and cut them down.

Yeah, I was getting that vibe of 'the corporations, government and military are all in bed together' from the game-and it seems that he wants to almost 'spare' Maverick from him acting out of orders. (It also could be that the higher-higher ups in Maverick are taking some money or whatnot from others of the corrupt ilk, wouldn't surprise me.) He seems to be cool with Boris, Courtney and Kevin in any case and may actually want to try to protect them.
#89PhaildPosted 1/15/2013 4:17:38 AM(edited)
Yeah, I was getting that vibe of 'the corporations, government and military are all in bed together' from the game-and it seems that he wants to almost 'spare' Maverick from him acting out of orders. (It also could be that the higher-higher ups in Maverick are taking some money or whatnot from others of the corrupt ilk, wouldn't surprise me.) He seems to be cool with Boris, Courtney and Kevin in any case and may actually want to try to protect them.

Well, actually Boris is the higher-up at Maverick. He's the founder and leader of the company. He's also Raiden's friend from Big Mama's Paradise Lost Army.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#90eric_otnessPosted 1/15/2013 6:50:29 AM(edited)
Phaild posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Oh my, cop killing.

In other words, they were corrupt, bought off or simply Desperado operatives in disguise.

I'd suspect the last one. Two of the "cops" are wearing the exact same face plates that Desperado soldiers usually wear, they're carrying rocket propelled grenade launchers, and late into the battle, a cyborg that was quite obviously a Desperado Custom Cyborg ends up killed as the final enemy.

And don't forget they also tried to shoot Raiden in an ambush, and possibly unprovoked. Cops usually don't do that.