Opinions on the demo?

#1DarkJaydragonPosted 1/22/2013 6:12:39 AM
I know I'm going to get attacked for this but I found it to be VERY disappointing.

The game just doesn't feel as good as other P* games, combat felt very underwhelming, blade-mode wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, I cancelled my pre-order, may pick it up when it's a lot cheaper.

What did you think of the demo?
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#2Rude HeroPosted 1/22/2013 6:15:51 AM
That's a pity. After playing the demo I actually made my pre-order.
---
Official Silver Knight Straight Sword of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board
#3SteadyingMeatPosted 1/22/2013 6:22:44 AM(edited)
I wish I could tell you, but I gotta wait like 8 hours for Sony to finally update the store -_-

That said, I've watched the demo over like a million times already so I pretty much know exactly how it plays. The only thing I find disappointing is blade mode. It just doesn't look that fun to do due to how poor most of the stuff you can cut looks. Ah well, I guess. It is a game running at 60FPS (or at least trying to) on 6 year old hardware after all.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#4RichterB17Posted 1/22/2013 6:48:19 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
I know I'm going to get attacked for this but I found it to be VERY disappointing.

The game just doesn't feel as good as other P* games, combat felt very underwhelming, blade-mode wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, I cancelled my pre-order, may pick it up when it's a lot cheaper.

Did you at least try incorporating the moves and mixing it into Blade Mode? Here is a move list video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJ8D057HLM.

So can you explain to me exactly what you had a problem with?
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#5DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 6:54:42 AM
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Did you at least try incorporating the moves and mixing it into Blade Mode? Here is a move list video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJ8D057HLM.

Yeah sure, combat felt very basic to me, there was nothing that amazed me, too many QTE's due to grab moves, blocking felt just like Bayonetta's parry system but felt like it has an even bigger active window, blade mode wasn't as good as I imagined it to be.

It just didn't grab me like other P* games.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#6RichterB17Posted 1/22/2013 7:01:47 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Yeah sure, combat felt very basic to me, there was nothing that amazed me, too many QTE's due to grab moves, blocking felt just like Bayonetta's parry system but felt like it has an even bigger active window, blade mode wasn't as good as I imagined it to be.

The combat is very basic? It's a demo of course it's going to be basic, they aren't QTE's they a button prompts there is a difference, there is bigger active window because the game is more focused on the parrying than Bayonetta and how was Blade Mode not as good as you imagined? What did you think Blade Mode was supposed to be?
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#7Ikaru_Posted 1/22/2013 7:03:47 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

which demo are you talking about?
ZOE one?
#8DarkchocolateXPosted 1/22/2013 7:04:25 AM
This game feels a lot better then Bayonetta and DMC 3. I can't wait anymore for the full release.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#9DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:08:26 AM
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

The combat is very basic? It's a demo of course it's going to be basic, they aren't QTE's they a button prompts there is a difference, there is bigger active window because the game is more focused on the parrying than Bayonetta and how was Blade Mode not as good as you imagined? What did you think Blade Mode was supposed to be?

It just feels more like a gimmick than anything, I'm sure some people will like the game but it's just a personal let-down to me.
---
#10DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:09:02 AM
Ikaru_ posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

which demo are you talking about?
ZOE one?

The demo that was released today.
---