Opinions on the demo?

#11HellishMetalPosted 1/22/2013 7:11:16 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
Ikaru_ posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
I know I'm going to get attacked for this but I found it to be VERY disappointing.

The game just doesn't feel as good as other P* games, combat felt very underwhelming, blade-mode wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, I cancelled my pre-order, may pick it up when it's a lot cheaper.

What did you think of the demo?

Did you at least try incorporating the moves and mixing it into Blade Mode? Here is a move list video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJ8D057HLM.

So can you explain to me exactly what you had a problem with?

Yeah sure, combat felt very basic to me, there was nothing that amazed me, too many QTE's due to grab moves, blocking felt just like Bayonetta's parry system but felt like it has an even bigger active window, blade mode wasn't as good as I imagined it to be.

It just didn't grab me like other P* games.

which demo are you talking about?
ZOE one?

The demo that was released today.

Well I can't seem to find it.
#12DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:13:14 AM
I got it from XBL marketplace, not sure if it's up on PSN yet.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#13RichterB17Posted 1/22/2013 7:13:54 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
RichterB17 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
I know I'm going to get attacked for this but I found it to be VERY disappointing.

The game just doesn't feel as good as other P* games, combat felt very underwhelming, blade-mode wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, I cancelled my pre-order, may pick it up when it's a lot cheaper.

What did you think of the demo?

Did you at least try incorporating the moves and mixing it into Blade Mode? Here is a move list video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOJ8D057HLM.

So can you explain to me exactly what you had a problem with?

Yeah sure, combat felt very basic to me, there was nothing that amazed me, too many QTE's due to grab moves, blocking felt just like Bayonetta's parry system but felt like it has an even bigger active window, blade mode wasn't as good as I imagined it to be.

It just didn't grab me like other P* games.

The combat is very basic? It's a demo of course it's going to be basic, they aren't QTE's they a button prompts there is a difference, there is bigger active window because the game is more focused on the parrying than Bayonetta and how was Blade Mode not as good as you imagined? What did you think Blade Mode was supposed to be?

It just feels more like a gimmick than anything, I'm sure some people will like the game but it's just a personal let-down to me.

You still didn't explain why you didn't like it, I want to know specifically why you didn't like it and why you think it's a gimmick now and not before you played the demo.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#14ReallyDamnMad2Posted 1/22/2013 7:16:27 AM
Its fun when enemies aren't off screen and i'm expected to know when to parry them. If I can keep them in front of me it's enjoyable. However, if multiples find their way around me or above me then its just a mess because theirs no mechanic to inform you of which direction you have to parry. Unless I'm just totally missing something.
---
Take this quarter. Go downtown, and have a RAT...GNAW THAT THING OFF YOUR FACE...
#15DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:16:38 AM
You still didn't explain why you didn't like it, I want to know specifically why you didn't like it and why you think it's a gimmick now and not before you played the demo.

It just doesn't feel fun to me, no deep reason to it, in the preview videos it looked cool but after trying it, I just didn't like it.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#16LightningSkyPosted 1/22/2013 7:19:08 AM
DarkchocolateX posted...
This game feels a lot better then Bayonetta and DMC 3. I can't wait anymore for the full release.

That's a bold statement especially if you're saying that to someone like me who is a huge fan of Bayonetta. But I am hopeful that it will be better.
#17RichterB17Posted 1/22/2013 7:21:27 AM
ReallyDamnMad2 posted...
Its fun when enemies aren't off screen and i'm expected to know when to parry them. If I can keep them in front of me it's enjoyable. However, if multiples find their way around me or above me then its just a mess because theirs no mechanic to inform you of which direction you have to parry. Unless I'm just totally missing something.

Their eyes flash red.

DarkJaydragon posted...
It just doesn't feel fun to me, no deep reason to it, in the preview videos it looked cool but after trying it, I just didn't like it.

So you don't like it for any specific reason, but you liked it before? Gee that makes sense.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#18DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:23:51 AM
RichterB17 posted...
ReallyDamnMad2 posted...

Their eyes flash red.

DarkJaydragon posted...

So you don't like it for any specific reason, but you liked it before? Gee that makes sense.

Yeah and it has also worked the other way, I have seen other games that didn't look that interesting or that good to me and I have tried them and end up loving, i'm always willing to give things a try before I dismiss them.
---
#19Ikaru_Posted 1/22/2013 7:42:56 AM

You troll The PSN has not updated ! (that goes for everyone)
Before you come in here with your B.S play the damn demo first!
I bet this troll didn't even know the demo everyone has been talking about was released first with Z.O.E.

Man, this is was a waste of time.
#20DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:44:02 AM
Ikaru_ posted...

You troll The PSN has not updated ! (that goes for everyone)
Before you come in here with your B.S play the damn demo first!
I bet this troll didn't even know the demo everyone has been talking about was released first with Z.O.E.

Man, this is was a waste of time.

Yeah, especially with the part that says I downloaded it from the XBL marketplace and not the PSN.
---