Opinions on the demo?

#51sworderPosted 1/22/2013 10:12:11 AM
SixSixSevenEigh posted...
Anyone know what time the US PSN store updates?

I'm in the UK and hoping it's not region locked like the JP demo...

Anyone?

It should update in about 4 hours, dunno why they don't just update the store at midnight like Microsoft does.

Dunno if it's region locked tho
#52BombermanGoldPosted 1/22/2013 10:13:57 AM
Thats just his opinion.

Hence why I ain't jumping on top of him like a few in this thread are attempting to do.

Some games don't 'click' with people.

And reading his other responses, he ain't a troll. That much is given up-front with initial post.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#53Arc166Posted 1/22/2013 10:14:10 AM
The PS3 has no region locks, so a guy in EU can download American demo's so long as he has an American account.
#54DarkAdonis123Posted 1/22/2013 10:19:14 AM(edited)
Ikaru_ posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
The demo was underwhelming for me as well. Before I said the game looked like Raiden May Cry, but after playing the demo it's more like Ninja Raiden. The combat is ok. The cutting mechanic isn't as cool as I thought it'd be.

And visually the game is sub par. The Raiden model looks amazing, and so do the bosses. But the environment featured in the demo is very ugly. Like launch 360 quality textures.

When I get the chance I'll be switching my preorder to something else. I'm still going to buy the game, just not day 1 like I originally planned. I'll wait for a $39.99 sale or something. But since it comes out 4 days after my birthday, someone will probably gift it to me.

well this is what can we expect from xbox360 users/no wonder the game it's canceled in japan,and you bought an xbox360?
you guys just don't get it .

What I "don't get" is what you're implying. I own all consoles. I just downloaded it on 360 since it was already on. It's not like downloading it on PS3 would magically make it a different demo. To me it's an average game, period. It's my opinion and trying to attack it isn't going to change my mind.

EDIT: I just checked the PS store and the demo for this game isn't even available. So I wouldn't have been able to play the PS3 version anyway.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#55SixSixSevenEighPosted 1/22/2013 10:15:16 AM
Arc166 posted...
The PS3 has no region locks, so a guy in EU can download American demo's so long as he has an American account.

Yeah but the Japan demo was region locked. They're normally not...
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
PSN: liam6678
#56BombermanGoldPosted 1/22/2013 10:18:09 AM
DarkAdonis, Ikaru sounds like he's trying to troll, don't fall into the pit with it!
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#572nd_strikerPosted 1/22/2013 10:19:33 AM
Anyone know what time the US PSN store updates?

I'm in the UK and hoping it's not region locked like the JP demo...

Anyone?

no idea, im gonna try make a us account tonight and download!
---
"SS7 is still putting 40+ goals in per season even if he does pretend that a tap in was a bicycle kick every now and then"
#58Arc166Posted 1/22/2013 10:23:20 AM
Arc166 posted...

Yeah but the Japan demo was region locked. They're normally not...

Oh really? Weird.
#59Nok_Su_KowPosted 1/22/2013 10:35:29 AM
and QTE = you must press the button
Prompt = Game tells you to press, you don't have to.

Aren't they one in the same though? Both have a window for failure that if the player does not press or perform a specific action/ button they will be punished in some fashion.
#60RichterB17Posted 1/22/2013 10:37:28 AM
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
and QTE = you must press the button
Prompt = Game tells you to press, you don't have to.

Aren't they one in the same though? Both have a window for failure that if the player does not press or perform a specific action/ button they will be punished in some fashion.

You don't get punished for the "QTE" in this game. They are just button prompts used to grab stunned opponents. You don't have to use them and you won't be punished for it.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden