Opinions on the demo?

#61BombermanGoldPosted 1/22/2013 10:37:31 AM
Aren't they one in the same though? Both have a window for failure that if the player does not press or perform a specific action/ button they will be punished in some fashion.

Needs a bit of revision...cause usually QTE's are during a cutscene (when otherwise you don't have any control of your character).

Prompts are usually during normal gameplay.

Ok yeah that's better.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#62jurrian91Posted 1/22/2013 10:39:16 AM
BombermanGold posted...
DarkAdonis, Ikaru sounds like he's trying to troll, don't fall into the pit with it!

He's not trolling, he's serious. He is actually that stupid.
---
"He said that the MC made dick move." -gohobojoe
#63vazurahanPosted 1/22/2013 10:46:51 AM
Are demo downloads resumable? I'm new to downloading Demo on XBOX 360
---
Official PlatinumGames Metal Gear Rising Revengeance forum
http://community.platinumgames.com/forum.php
#64darkdragon_9600Posted 1/22/2013 10:47:45 AM
Are demo downloads resumable? I'm new to downloading Demo on XBOX 360

Yep.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#65Nok_Su_KowPosted 1/22/2013 10:48:40 AM
BombermanGold posted...
Aren't they one in the same though? Both have a window for failure that if the player does not press or perform a specific action/ button they will be punished in some fashion.

Needs a bit of revision...cause usually QTE's are during a cutscene (when otherwise you don't have any control of your character).

Ok yeah that's better.

I'd consider the "O" above enemy heads in God of War a prompt, or press X to enter a building to be a prompt. Engaged in battle where you don't shake the stick to break free or press an action button to prevent an enemy from punishing you, I'd consider a QTE.

But yes, that is more or less better clarification between the two.
#66White_PandaPosted 1/22/2013 10:49:15 AM
The PSN store is spontaneous, it doesn't ALWAYS update at the time people say it does. It could be 12pm pacific, it could be 2pm, 4pm, 5pm I have seen the store update at 11am, 8:45am, 4pm, etc I even woke up at 10am once and went on psn store and bam...tons of new stuff.
---
Proud creator of MGSGroundZeroes.Net and Facebook.Com/MGSGroundZeroesFansite and Youtube.com/CpmStudios
#67RichterB17Posted 1/22/2013 10:57:15 AM
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
BombermanGold posted...

Ok yeah that's better.

I'd consider the "O" above enemy heads in God of War a prompt, or press X to enter a building to be a prompt. Engaged in battle where you don't shake the stick to break free or press an action button to prevent an enemy from punishing you, I'd consider a QTE.

But yes, that is more or less better clarification between the two.

I guess being stunned and having to waggle the stick can be seen as a QTE, but that's been something that's been around for years even in fighting games. I guess I've gotten so used to it I just never saw it as a problem.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#68Dominus_1Posted 1/22/2013 11:01:39 AM
I'd say I somewhat agree with jay. I think the enemies are pretty dumb in this game and the AI doesn't seem balanced around Raiden's fast movement. You can literally run circles around most enemes, and slide into blade mode makes some enemies easy as pie. I have hope that the higher difficulties will make enemies harder, but in comparison to NG:S where enemies where balanced around your fast movement, the difference feels staggering.. Especially when MGR isn't like DMC where you want dumb enemies to combo..
Also Zandetsu was fun and exhilarating first 3 playthroughs but after going through the demo like 20 times it's just like "yup grab that spine get health." I almost think the game would be better without, because than it wouldn't interrupt the combat. It's definitely not as well implemented as AR mode in Vanquish
#69Nok_Su_KowPosted 1/22/2013 11:01:50 AM
No, no it's not a problem. Sometimes I can't see how events like that could be done without aggressively tapping an action button or waggling the stick. It's when multiple types of QTE get stringed together often that the player tends to feel less in control where the problem can arise. Though some people like that sort of thing. I like to have more control with my characters, with the small QTE thrown in every now and then.
#70redorblue88Posted 1/22/2013 11:06:42 AM
Yeah well done TC, I'm also impressed you responded so calmly to all the questions. To be honest you could explain precisely why you didn't like the game in a massive post and that one guy would still be crying "you haven't explained whyyyyy you hate this game I love? !?!". I'm in UK and waiting for the demo release but I can already see that I think the blade mode will be underwhelming. My main interest in this is simply Raiden nut to be honest the gameplay doesn't amaze me so far (what I have seen) but I will have a better idea soon enough. Will post once I've played it though.