Worst game by Platinum.

#1digidevilwilPosted 1/25/2013 4:13:20 PM
This is a pretty awful showing by Platinum.

No dodge roll button. Relying on offscreen projectiles for challenge like Ninja Gaiden 2 did, but at least in NG2 you have a good roll option. Not a very intuitive control system, granted that becomes irrelevant once you get used to it, but still, a lot of wtf design choices. Blade mode is cheap, OP, and not any fun to use at all, it's like a really bad substitute for QTEs and yet this game still has QTEs.

Raiden is a ninja and yet he isn't agile in the least bit. Slow dramatic attacks, and a lack of cancels, why can't I ninja run cancel out of an attack, like panther mode in bayonetta? Air combat blows, what a pathetic selection of air options.

Weird controls, awful move design/choice, a ninja that can't move like a ninja, a really really boring and OP gimmick mechanic. Awful enemies, the soldiers die too fast, can't even put together any fun combos on them. Geckos die too fast as well. The boss fight is boring by both MGS and Platinum standards.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#2RichterB17Posted 1/25/2013 4:14:22 PM
Uh huh
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#3sworderPosted 1/25/2013 4:15:37 PM
Too bad you feel that way, this game is amazing
#4Phantom_Opera_GPosted 1/25/2013 4:16:51 PM
sworder posted...

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#5DuskSoldier1180Posted 1/25/2013 4:18:24 PM
digidevilwil posted...
This is a pretty awful showing by Platinum.

No dodge roll button. Relying on offscreen projectiles for challenge like Ninja Gaiden 2 did, but at least in NG2 you have a good roll option. Not a very intuitive control system, granted that becomes irrelevant once you get used to it, but still, a lot of wtf design choices. Blade mode is cheap, OP, and not any fun to use at all, it's like a really bad substitute for QTEs and yet this game still has QTEs.

Raiden is a ninja and yet he isn't agile in the least bit. Slow dramatic attacks, and a lack of cancels, why can't I ninja run cancel out of an attack, like panther mode in bayonetta? Air combat blows, what a pathetic selection of air options.

Weird controls, awful move design/choice, a ninja that can't move like a ninja, a really really boring and OP gimmick mechanic. Awful enemies, the soldiers die too fast, can't even put together any fun combos on them. Geckos die too fast as well. The boss fight is boring by both MGS and Platinum standards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXz60f0HLU
---
Capcom and Square Enix: Please, stop disappointing me.
#6NarcelesPosted 1/25/2013 4:18:49 PM
Thanks for your input.
---
"Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971
Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.
#7DarkNight11Posted 1/25/2013 4:21:19 PM
sworder posted...

Plus, topic title = Madworld.
---
Anyone questioning SpongeBob's sexuality has something to hide themselves.
#8HiCEctoCoolerPosted 1/25/2013 4:21:23 PM
Oh look, someone else that couldn't figure it out. This is getting quite hilarious.
#9tomtom56789Posted 1/25/2013 4:21:27 PM
I'm sure someone will create a better response than what I would say so I will just reply to the Ninja run out of a attack comment you had.

Parry.
#10digidevilwil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:42:14 PM
tomtom56789 posted...
I'm sure someone will create a better response than what I would say so I will just reply to the Ninja run out of a attack comment you had.

Parry.

Explain how parry is supposed to substitute this, in fact it doesn't seem like you can even trigger parry unless in battle, and about to be hit O.o
---
PSN: PandaKingEX