Worst game by Platinum.

#21F0XholePosted 1/25/2013 7:16:10 PM
digidevilwil posted...
I don't even want to parry. To be honest.

I'm trying to understand why someone countered ninja run cancel with parry, and thanks for what you said. This game is about moving forward and offense, yet stuff like ninja run cancel doesn't exist. This game doesn't do a great job at doing what it claims it wants to do.

Blade cancel is ok, but not great.

If you don't want to parry then why complain about it? And I don't get what you want to cancel about ninja run? Just let go of the trigger button. Like, wtf? Why are you complaining about ninja run (a move designed to move forward on the offensive) not having a cancel in a game designed to move forward on the offensive?
#22Banjo2553Posted 1/25/2013 7:17:29 PM
It's odd that there's no dedicated roll button, but there's still a dodge feature. Just have to press a direction, wide attack, and jump at the same time.

Your defensive options are pretty much that, block/parry, or run away. I guess that's not too great, but it works pretty decently.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#23digidevilwil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:25:18 PM
F0Xhole posted...
digidevilwil posted...

I'm trying to understand why someone countered ninja run cancel with parry, and thanks for what you said. This game is about moving forward and offense, yet stuff like ninja run cancel doesn't exist. This game doesn't do a great job at doing what it claims it wants to do.

If you don't want to parry then why complain about it? And I don't get what you want to cancel about ninja run? Just let go of the trigger button. Like, wtf? Why are you complaining about ninja run (a move designed to move forward on the offensive) not having a cancel in a game designed to move forward on the offensive?

Did you read my initial comment? Have you played Bayonetta?

In Bayonetta you can cancel attack animations to panther mode, from there you can do a million things, run out of the way of danger, follow up attacks that knock enemies away, better position yourself before continuing your offense, move more quickly from enemy to enemy, creating a high speed momentum offense (something I think when I think NINJA), oh and Bayonetta has a badass feature called dodge offset, and panther mode canceling let you cycle through your strings more safely/quickly.

You can't even roll in this game for godsakes. They couldn't be bothered to give you a SINGLE mobile option off of attacks? That just completely contradicts the ninja archetype, and the always moving forward/offensive style this game is supposedly pushing.

Sure, I would love to move forward and be offensive. Too bad the game only lets me move at it's pace and not mine, like any good action game should.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#24KindertotenwaldPosted 1/25/2013 7:26:50 PM
Really doesn;t matter what game they make, they won;t be able to top Vanquish either way.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#25StriderTunaPosted 1/25/2013 7:28:57 PM
Are people assuming things from a demo?
---
Claims List is in quote."Let's just take it easy and agree to disagree when it's debatable, not when facts are involved.." - Me
#26_denizen_Posted 1/25/2013 7:32:03 PM
Bayo is more of having fun then moving forward
#27Banjo2553Posted 1/25/2013 8:19:45 PM
StriderTuna posted...
Are people assuming things from a demo?

Also this. I recall a line in the demo saying that you could get upgrades. For all we know Raiden's moveset could greatly expand with more moves and upgrades. And maybe there'd be a proper roll to purchase as well (instead of using that blade dodge I mentioned before), though that not being a standard thing is kinda silly.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#28gonzon06Posted 1/25/2013 8:28:51 PM
digidevilwil posted...
F0Xhole posted...
digidevilwil posted...

In Bayonetta you can cancel attack animations to panther mode, from there you can do a million things, run out of the way of danger, follow up attacks that knock enemies away, better position yourself before continuing your offense, move more quickly from enemy to enemy, creating a high speed momentum offense (something I think when I think NINJA), oh and Bayonetta has a badass feature called dodge offset, and panther mode canceling let you cycle through your strings more safely/quickly.

You can't even roll in this game for godsakes. They couldn't be bothered to give you a SINGLE mobile option off of attacks? That just completely contradicts the ninja archetype, and the always moving forward/offensive style this game is supposedly pushing.

Sure, I would love to move forward and be offensive. Too bad the game only lets me move at it's pace and not mine, like any good action game should.

Just outta curiosity since I've never played it, did Bayonetta have that panther transformation in the demo? if not than that should more or less tell you that this game will probably give you move defense/evading options as you upgrade. Raiden isn't gonna have all his moves in the demo, especially one that's so close to the beginning of the game
#29sworderPosted 1/25/2013 8:47:05 PM
digidevilwil posted...

You can't do any of those things in Ninja Gaiden, does it suck too?

This game is not Bayonetta, stop hoping it is. If you want Bayonetta then purchase a Wii U and wait a year. They are going for something different and it's unfair to judge without all the moves and higher difficulties.
#30DrachenBarenPosted 1/25/2013 8:56:15 PM
I liked this demo more than Max Anarchy, which I actually imported for way more than I should have.

THAT wins worst game by Platinum imho. It's still a fun game, but nothing near what I was hoping for after Bayo.
---
Formerly DXW131415. Updated Username with merger.