Worst game by Platinum.

#31Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/25/2013 8:59:15 PM
DarkNight11 posted...
sworder posted...
Too bad you feel that way, this game is amazing

Plus, topic title = Madworld.

get bent.
mad world was awesome.

now infinite space... that would be the runt of the platinum litter.
---
-choose death-
#32DarkNight11Posted 1/25/2013 9:00:39 PM
I haven't played Infinite Space, but Madworld is the only game I don't feel like replaying.
---
Anyone questioning SpongeBob's sexuality has something to hide themselves.
#33Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/25/2013 9:02:42 PM
Worst game by Platinum.

Not even close. Not even if you haven't played MadWorld, Infinite Space and Max Anarchy.
#34Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/25/2013 9:06:12 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
Worst game by Platinum.

Not even close. Not even if you haven't played MadWorld, Infinite Space and Max Anarchy.

what is wrong with max anarchy/reigns?

its is one of the most fun games to have buddies with online.
---
-choose death-
#35DrachenBarenPosted 1/25/2013 9:07:46 PM
Max Anarchy is just largely a weak effort.

Simple movesets, boring story mode, and online can get pretty lame too.

There's fun to be had, but it really did feel half-hearted.
---
Formerly DXW131415. Updated Username with merger.
#36Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/25/2013 9:16:15 PM(edited)
I wrote this on Anarchy earlier:

That game's problems ran much deeper. Completely unbalanced mechanics (particularly rage mode), overpowered items, enough random deaths from stage hazards to rival Smash Bros, far too many samey characters, and a lack of depth condemned it to mediocrity. Not to mention the complete lack of local multi, unforgivable in a beatemup.

I think it would have helped a lot if they halved the roster but made each character much more distinct and complex.

Max Anarchy is gleeful dumb fun for a few hours, but it gets old fast once the novelty wears off and you have to contend with the actual game design. I think the whole point of the game was for Platinum to experiment with online multiplayer, and it was unfortunately a failure. Awesome soundtrack, at least.
#37Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/25/2013 9:15:54 PM
DrachenBaren posted...

i think you are going into that game with the wrong mindset...

you are expecting bayonetta, but are getting dynasty warriors (truly this is the best dynasty warriors koei never made)

and in many ways this also feels like a sucessor to powerstone too.

the simple moveset is to balance out all the fighters for the sake of the multiplayer (a major focus for this game)

i undertsand your disapointment, nut i really dont thinkits fair to lable this as a weak platinum game.

thats like if my first resident evil was re6 and i went to play re2 expecting it to be an action game with lots of cutscenes.
---
-choose death-
#38digidevilwil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:16:30 PM
Max anarchy was what I considered their worst, until I played this. I mean, sure I should wait until the final game to pass a judgement of this sort, but stuff like dodge roll is way to standard to be an ability, and on top of that the moves feel really pathetic. I'm not too sure why the attack strings have such a mashy insignificant feel. It's like everything is an afterthought or just a bridge to blade mode, which isn't fun to use at all.

Being a Platinum fanboy and one who considers MGS2 the best. This game is a wet dream drying up in a desert right now, for me.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX
#39DrachenBarenPosted 1/25/2013 9:18:43 PM
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
DrachenBaren posted...

i think you are going into that game with the wrong mindset...

you are expecting bayonetta, but are getting dynasty warriors (truly this is the best dynasty warriors koei never made)

and in many ways this also feels like a sucessor to powerstone too.

the simple moveset is to balance out all the fighters for the sake of the multiplayer (a major focus for this game)

i undertsand your disapointment, nut i really dont thinkits fair to lable this as a weak platinum game.

thats like if my first resident evil was re6 and i went to play re2 expecting it to be an action game with lots of cutscenes.

I wasn't expecting Bayonetta.

I was just expecting... better?

It was a noble effort, but that doesn't change the fact I put a good 50 hours into it and never quite found the fun.
---
Formerly DXW131415. Updated Username with merger.
#40Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/25/2013 9:19:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]