Worst game by Platinum.

#41Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/25/2013 10:22:23 PM
DrachenBaren posted...
Zetta-Honey-Boy posted...
DrachenBaren posted...
Max Anarchy is just largely a weak effort.

Simple movesets, boring story mode, and online can get pretty lame too.

There's fun to be had, but it really did feel half-hearted.

i think you are going into that game with the wrong mindset...

you are expecting bayonetta, but are getting dynasty warriors (truly this is the best dynasty warriors koei never made)

and in many ways this also feels like a sucessor to powerstone too.

the simple moveset is to balance out all the fighters for the sake of the multiplayer (a major focus for this game)

i undertsand your disapointment, nut i really dont thinkits fair to lable this as a weak platinum game.

thats like if my first resident evil was re6 and i went to play re2 expecting it to be an action game with lots of cutscenes.

I wasn't expecting Bayonetta.

I was just expecting... better?

It was a noble effort, but that doesn't change the fact I put a good 50 hours into it and never quite found the fun.

50 hours? damn dude, the game must be worth something then if you were able to clock in that many hours into a beat em up. id say it must be good for something right?
why did you spend 50 hours in something you didnt think it was fun?
---
-choose death-
#42Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/25/2013 10:27:58 PM
Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious about that myself. I've almost never played a mediocre game for longer than 10 hours.
#43DrachenBarenPosted 1/25/2013 10:31:19 PM
I guess I should re-phrase my point.

We are talking about games by Platinum, not all games. Anarchy has been the worst Platinum title I've played, but that doesn't in any way make it a bad game. I expected it to be much more than it was.

Plus, I tend to really push for Plats, and sunk quite a bit more time into it than I probably would have had I known I was going to give up.
---
Formerly DXW131415. Updated Username with merger.
#44Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/25/2013 10:32:28 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious about that myself. I've almost never played a mediocre game for longer than 10 hours.

im not even that generous. i give games 2 to 3 hours to prove to me they are worth playing before i decide whether its worthy to me.

its like a hot stove....
if its hot im gona pull my hand away, i wont wait and endure the pain to see if it gets any better... it just dosent seem worth it.
---
-choose death-
#45Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 1/25/2013 10:33:40 PM
DrachenBaren posted...
I guess I should re-phrase my point.

We are talking about games by Platinum, not all games. Anarchy has been the worst Platinum title I've played, but that doesn't in any way make it a bad game. I expected it to be much more than it was.

Plus, I tend to really push for Plats, and sunk quite a bit more time into it than I probably would have had I known I was going to give up.

ok, i guess that does make some more sense then.
---
-choose death-