Who's gonna start on the hardest mode available from the start?

#1DarkchocolateXPosted 1/26/2013 3:56:06 AM
I know i am. Gonna try and do a run with only the HF blade from the start to.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#2ZenningPosted 1/26/2013 3:59:20 AM
I know all the cool* people will, that's for sure!

*Cool here being defined by those people who start the game on the hardest difficulty possible!
#3ToxicKookiePosted 1/26/2013 4:44:27 AM
I'll probably play the prologue and demo level on normal to see if the difficulty and AI has been improved from the demo. If not I'll restart on hard.
---
XBL is filled with children.
PSN is filled with adults who act like children.
#4SyggysPosted 1/26/2013 4:52:50 AM
Yup, I have the most fun that way.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#5RaengPosted 1/26/2013 4:58:12 AM
Going to start on normal. I'm a slow learner and like my first experience to be a fun one not a frustrating one. Take my time, experiment and have fun. I'll do the hardcore stuff later.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#6GoldsicklePosted 1/26/2013 5:15:24 AM
If Hardest difficulty is available from the start and difficulty completion Trophies stack, I will play the Hardest difficulty first, just like how I started on Professional for RE6.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#7WhitevicePosted 1/26/2013 5:30:01 AM
Been playing on the highest difficulty possible for years. I always do that. Plus it forces the learning curve up meaning I get acquainted with the game's true capabilities faster.

I might scale down depending on the AI. Insect like behaviour and impossibly accurate enemies in shooters sometimes put me off and I'll scale accordingly.

I've never been a fan of the "Extreme" difficulty of Metal Gear, I'll admit though. Prefer Hard myself.

But yeah, beside the unlock rewards, it's usually a more gratifying experience. I also find that most games have an unlockable difficulty and it's my experience that you might play a game on one difficulty, and then maybe continue past the conclusion unto a higher difficulty a second time.

Willing to scale up again is a lot less common, so there's that too. Ha ha.

I mean, how many people do you know that play a game on every difficulty possible? I certainly don't know any. Most people pick a difficulty and maybe scale up, but you don't see too many "Hardcore" difficulty guys that even entertain the idea of playing on Very Easy later. Ha ha!
#8GirgantePosted 1/26/2013 6:19:10 AM
DarkchocolateX posted...
I know i am. Gonna try and do a run with only the HF blade from the start to.

Why would you only use the HF blade? That's like limiting yourself to less combos / abilities / style for absolutely no reason at all. O_o

Baffling.
---
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante; WoW: Zepheldir, Death Knight, Sporeggar EU
#9wonzanPosted 1/26/2013 6:47:00 AM
I might try the hardest mode. Depends on my mood when I play the game. I definitely won't be trying no kill runs or one weapon runs though. I want to enjoy the game for what it is on my first run
---
We are not the masks we wear. But, if we don them, do we not become them?
#10snake2410Posted 1/26/2013 6:47:05 AM
Goldsickle posted...
If Hardest difficulty is available from the start and difficulty completion Trophies stack, I will play the Hardest difficulty first, just like how I started on Professional for RE6.

The only difficulty based trophies for this game are S ranking everything on Revengence and beating the 5 main bosses on Hard or above without getting hit. No other difficulty trophies otherwise.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MGS SAGA 4x Plat!, GoW SAGA 5x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!