Who's gonna start on the hardest mode available from the start?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Who's gonna start on the hardest mode available from the start?

User Info: DarkchocolateX

DarkchocolateX
3 years ago#1
I know i am. Gonna try and do a run with only the HF blade from the start to.
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look

User Info: Zenning

Zenning
3 years ago#2
I know all the cool* people will, that's for sure!

*Cool here being defined by those people who start the game on the hardest difficulty possible!

User Info: ToxicKookie

ToxicKookie
3 years ago#3
I'll probably play the prologue and demo level on normal to see if the difficulty and AI has been improved from the demo. If not I'll restart on hard.
XBL is filled with children.
PSN is filled with adults who act like children.

User Info: Syggys

Syggys
3 years ago#4
Yup, I have the most fun that way.
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 years ago#5
Going to start on normal. I'm a slow learner and like my first experience to be a fun one not a frustrating one. Take my time, experiment and have fun. I'll do the hardcore stuff later.
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
3 years ago#6
If Hardest difficulty is available from the start and difficulty completion Trophies stack, I will play the Hardest difficulty first, just like how I started on Professional for RE6.
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".

User Info: Whitevice

Whitevice
3 years ago#7
Been playing on the highest difficulty possible for years. I always do that. Plus it forces the learning curve up meaning I get acquainted with the game's true capabilities faster.

I might scale down depending on the AI. Insect like behaviour and impossibly accurate enemies in shooters sometimes put me off and I'll scale accordingly.

I've never been a fan of the "Extreme" difficulty of Metal Gear, I'll admit though. Prefer Hard myself.

But yeah, beside the unlock rewards, it's usually a more gratifying experience. I also find that most games have an unlockable difficulty and it's my experience that you might play a game on one difficulty, and then maybe continue past the conclusion unto a higher difficulty a second time.

Willing to scale up again is a lot less common, so there's that too. Ha ha.

I mean, how many people do you know that play a game on every difficulty possible? I certainly don't know any. Most people pick a difficulty and maybe scale up, but you don't see too many "Hardcore" difficulty guys that even entertain the idea of playing on Very Easy later. Ha ha!

User Info: Girgante

Girgante
3 years ago#8
DarkchocolateX posted...
I know i am. Gonna try and do a run with only the HF blade from the start to.

Why would you only use the HF blade? That's like limiting yourself to less combos / abilities / style for absolutely no reason at all. O_o

Baffling.
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante; WoW: Zepheldir, Death Knight, Sporeggar EU

User Info: wonzan

wonzan
3 years ago#9
I might try the hardest mode. Depends on my mood when I play the game. I definitely won't be trying no kill runs or one weapon runs though. I want to enjoy the game for what it is on my first run
We are not the masks we wear. But, if we don them, do we not become them?

User Info: snake2410

snake2410
3 years ago#10
Goldsickle posted...
If Hardest difficulty is available from the start and difficulty completion Trophies stack, I will play the Hardest difficulty first, just like how I started on Professional for RE6.

The only difficulty based trophies for this game are S ranking everything on Revengence and beating the 5 main bosses on Hard or above without getting hit. No other difficulty trophies otherwise.
PSN: Snake2410
MGS SAGA 4x Plat!, GoW SAGA 5x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Who's gonna start on the hardest mode available from the start?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived