Who's gonna start on the hardest mode available from the start?

#41VOIDPosted 1/27/2013 9:28:48 PM
Honestly I can say that I probably will.

While the demo isn't really the smartest way to judge...but i can plow through that thing on medium with no trouble at all.

Later levels will be more difficult I'm sure but DAMN will it feel even that much sweeter when I win my battles =) =) =)

Demo playthrough count # 12937235325465

Never done this with a demo......EVER
---
Currently craving: Tenchu sequel, SSX sequel.
#42RichterB17Posted 1/27/2013 9:31:30 PM(edited)
@ Goldsickle

So I checked it out and you already answered your question. Look at the position of Raiden, the guy constantly kept messing around and putting Raiden out of place. Blade Mode goes by the position of Raiden when the target indicator is not visible. The first time it happened the camera only saw the tip of the Gekko and the target indicator was not visible and at 3:22 the Gekko is dead and when a Gekko dies the target indicator is gone.

You should have known it wasn't the same glitch anyway because he never did a 180.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#43GoldsicklePosted 1/27/2013 9:52:18 PM
RichterB17 posted...
Look at the position of Raiden, the guy constantly kept messing around and putting Raiden out of place.

How would you know? Did you see how his thumbs were positioned on the analog stick?

In situations like this, you should normally auto-target the enemy. I always use Blade Mode to center the camera to where Raiden is facing, not where the camera is currently focused on.

The Blade Mode facing away is a random anomaly that doesn't happen too often but is annoying as heck when it does.

the target indicator was not visible and at 3:22 the Gekko is dead

The Nano Repair unit can still be extracted from enemies you just killed, while they're still in their death animation (which is why the game slows down as you deal the finishing blow, to give you an opportunity to perform Blade Mode).
You could even chase after the flying, dismembered torso of an enemy to extract the Nano Repair unit, before it explodes or expires.

You should have known it wasn't the same glitch anyway because he never did a 180.

It's not necessarily a 180 turn. The glitch is "facing away from enemy", whether Raiden faced the opposite direction or not.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#44RichterB17Posted 1/27/2013 11:11:29 PM(edited)
Goldsickle posted...
How would you know? Did you see how his thumbs were positioned on the analog stick?

Like I said before, look at the position of Raiden's body. He was slashing around and ended up facing somewhere the Target Indicator could not be seen. When the target indicator is not seen on camera then the Blade Mode will not focus on anything.

In situations like this, you should normally auto-target the enemy. I always use Blade Mode to center the camera to where Raiden is facing, not where the camera is currently focused on.

The Blade Mode facing away is a random anomaly that doesn't happen too often but is annoying as heck when it does.

Blade Mode focuses on what the target indicator marks. If the target indicator is not located anywhere where the camera is shown it will only focus where Raiden is facing at the moment.

The Nano Repair unit can still be extracted from enemies you just killed, while they're still in their death animation (which is why the game slows down as you deal the finishing blow, to give you an opportunity to perform Blade Mode).
You could even chase after the flying, dismembered torso of an enemy to extract the Nano Repair unit, before it explodes or expires.

But it didn't go into slow mo. When it doesn't go into slow mo the camera does not automatically snapped to the position of the Gekko.

I'm not talking out of my ass on this. I've tested this myself. If the target indicator is not on camera then you won't automatically focus on the enemy in Blade Mode. If a Gekko is behind you Blade Mode will not automatically snap to the enemy behind you. If a Gekko dies and it doesn't go into the Slow Mo (like in the video) then the camera will not automatically snap to the Gekko.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#45Chain_StrikePosted 1/27/2013 11:19:16 PM
Definietly playing hard on the first time through.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#46GoldsicklePosted 1/28/2013 1:04:27 AM
RichterB17 posted...
Like I said before, look at the position of Raiden's body.

A slash maneuver that spins his body doesn't turn where he's facing.
I used Blade Mode without the camera facing the enemy several times. Like I said, this is some anomaly.

If the target indicator is not located anywhere where the camera is shown it will only focus where Raiden is facing at the moment.

Except that people experience him turning away from the enemy, regardless where the camera is facing.

If the target indicator is not on camera then you won't automatically focus on the enemy in Blade Mode.

I won't repeat myself. The glitch makes Raiden face an empty space.
Whether or not the enemy's core is on-camera, regardless where Raiden or the camera is facing, when the glitch strikes, he will face an empty space.
Happens more often with Gekkous, less often with normal sentries.

If you haven't experienced this, good for you, lucky you.

But others have and there are more video examples I couldn't find at the moment, so it's really pointless to be overly-defensive and in denial.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#47RichterB17Posted 1/28/2013 1:45:18 AM
Goldsickle posted...
RichterB17 posted...
Like I said before, look at the position of Raiden's body.

A slash maneuver that spins his body doesn't turn where he's facing.
I used Blade Mode without the camera facing the enemy several times. Like I said, this is some anomaly.

If the target indicator is not located anywhere where the camera is shown it will only focus where Raiden is facing at the moment.

Except that people experience him turning away from the enemy, regardless where the camera is facing.

If the target indicator is not on camera then you won't automatically focus on the enemy in Blade Mode.

I won't repeat myself. The glitch makes Raiden face an empty space.
Whether or not the enemy's core is on-camera, regardless where Raiden or the camera is facing, when the glitch strikes, he will face an empty space.
Happens more often with Gekkous, less often with normal sentries.

If you haven't experienced this, good for you, lucky you.

But others have and there are more video examples I couldn't find at the moment, so it's really pointless to be overly-defensive and in denial.

I'm not in denial. I would love to see something to kill my hype. The glitch is that Raiden completely turns a way from the Gekko even if you are facing it; that has happened to me plenty of times in the demo. In the video that you showed me that is not the same "glitch" nor is it a glitch at all it's how Blade Mode works. The auto-target indicator has to be shown on screen for Blade Mode to automatically to your opponent. I've been playing this demo way longer than you, I know how Blade Mode works, but it doesn't matter because you won't listen anyway. Keep spreading false information if you want.
---
#48Ace10of27SpadesPosted 1/28/2013 2:02:30 AM
MGRRevengeance posted...
Since I'm going to do a let's play, I'm going to be doing it on hard. I'll be showing all you kids how to play.

then we will show you how to get good, hahaha. jk
---
"You want it one way, but it's the other way" - Marlon Brando
#49Ace10of27SpadesPosted 1/28/2013 2:03:18 AM
ukokira1 posted...
Girgante posted...
Beating the bosses without getting hit I think will be doable for me, but S-ranking everything on Revengeance? Wow, that's one tough trophy.. do you have a link for that? Usually they don't do trophies that are that extreme.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has a trophy that requires collecting every ipod song... And that involves getting the Big Boss Emblem.

And the even harder Chicken Emblem.
---
"You want it one way, but it's the other way" - Marlon Brando
#50snake2410Posted 1/28/2013 2:11:44 AM
Ace10of27Spades posted...
ukokira1 posted...
Girgante posted...
Beating the bosses without getting hit I think will be doable for me, but S-ranking everything on Revengeance? Wow, that's one tough trophy.. do you have a link for that? Usually they don't do trophies that are that extreme.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has a trophy that requires collecting every ipod song... And that involves getting the Big Boss Emblem.

And the even harder Chicken Emblem.

Chicken Emblem wasn't hard, just excessively annoying and extremely boring.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MGS SAGA 4x Plat!, GoW SAGA 5x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!