this game will make some interesting speed run attempts

#1lunic7Posted 1/30/2013 12:35:21 AM
with the fast ninja run and the slow blade mode

i look forward to be amazed
#2nesspoojeffPosted 1/30/2013 12:59:30 AM
First thing I thought when I played the demo.
---
Boy, that made about as much sense as a naked Michael Landon praying to a statue of Satan composed mainly of tapioca pudding and hamster pellets.-Beware The JBD
#3nesspoojeffPosted 1/30/2013 1:00:03 AM
But to be fair, I'm a big fan of speedrunning and TASing.
---
Boy, that made about as much sense as a naked Michael Landon praying to a statue of Satan composed mainly of tapioca pudding and hamster pellets.-Beware The JBD
#4Gold_SonPosted 1/30/2013 1:13:06 AM
I'm watching speedrunslive on twitch right now. XD

I can't wait.
#5Ace10of27SpadesPosted 1/30/2013 1:57:12 AM
This will probably be more difficult than MGS 1,3, and 4 to speedrun for sure. They definitely wont all look the same, especially in combat situations. I am pumped to ninja speedrun!
---
"You want it one way, but it's the other way" - Marlon Brando
#6EbolatasticPosted 1/30/2013 3:20:23 PM
huge fan of speedruns, but much like the metal gear series in general, the developer is not really privy to what speedrunners need.

In the demo alone, there are three sections where you are forced to stop and have Boris explain something you already know to you. Basically reiterating "go forward" for three minutes.

You have to stop and just stand there for this. Big no no for speed runs, imo. Hopefully these situations will be minimal, in which case sweeeet.
#7SolidHaseoPosted 1/30/2013 3:21:59 PM
There are cases where you can evade enemy fights so....
---
Enthusiast of the Female Body
I draw anime....
#8dadkwasherePosted 1/30/2013 3:33:25 PM
Sneak through maybe?
Im more curious if there will be ranks, like solid snake replaces big boss in ranking.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#9Ace10of27SpadesPosted 1/30/2013 9:40:52 PM
Ebolatastic posted...
huge fan of speedruns, but much like the metal gear series in general, the developer is not really privy to what speedrunners need.

In the demo alone, there are three sections where you are forced to stop and have Boris explain something you already know to you. Basically reiterating "go forward" for three minutes.

You have to stop and just stand there for this. Big no no for speed runs, imo. Hopefully these situations will be minimal, in which case sweeeet.

If the constraints are the same for every speedrunner, what is the problem?
---
"You want it one way, but it's the other way" - Marlon Brando