Interesting interview that talks about the difficulty a bit.

#11StopthinkPosted 1/30/2013 1:12:06 PM
How... do you make blade mode easier to set off? What does that even mean? You just press L1 to do it.
---
imo for the tight asses
#12CassyChanPosted 1/30/2013 1:12:21 PM
DarkchocolateX posted...
People who suck so much at this game should just stay away IMO.

I disagree, I like playing action games on the hardest difficulty and learning their mechanics, AI and quirks thoroughly, but that doesn't mean everyone does and people can't have fun stomping cyborgs at a difficulty appropriate for their skill level and the amount of time and to an extent effort they put into the game, especially as this is a Metal Gear title and may be introducing a lot of people to the hack & slash side of the action genre. Not to mention Metal Gear games have a lot of focus on characters and story, a lot of people have more interest in that than they do being able to flawlessly S rank every fight on the hardest difficulty.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni
Games I play: http://psnprofiles.com/cassychan
#13CassyChanPosted 1/30/2013 1:15:37 PM
Stopthink posted...
How... do you make blade mode easier to set off? What does that even mean? You just press L1 to do it.

Maybe they mean zandatsu in blade mode, as we've seen some differences in newer footage, like the little sound when Raiden's aim is over the spine, which may be an upgrade and may or may not have been something they added in to make zandatsu easier for people. They could also mean little things like how an enemy still moving or being knocked away when you go into blade mode may stay closer a little bit longer, in order for the play to not miss out on their chance to slash them up/zandatsu. There are a few ways they could make it easier.
---
Currently playing: Ni no Kuni
Games I play: http://psnprofiles.com/cassychan
#14Ace10of27SpadesPosted 1/30/2013 1:18:28 PM
CassyChan posted...
DarkchocolateX posted...
People who suck so much at this game should just stay away IMO.

I disagree, I like playing action games on the hardest difficulty and learning their mechanics, AI and quirks thoroughly, but that doesn't mean everyone does and people can't have fun stomping cyborgs at a difficulty appropriate for their skill level and the amount of time and to an extent effort they put into the game, especially as this is a Metal Gear title and may be introducing a lot of people to the hack & slash side of the action genre. Not to mention Metal Gear games have a lot of focus on characters and story, a lot of people have more interest in that than they do being able to flawlessly S rank every fight on the hardest difficulty.

So beautifully put. Also, Metal Gear games tend to have extra special rewards for those of us who are up to the bigger challenges. MGS4 is a great example. Bayonetta is also a good example of a challenging game that also can appeal to newcomers and story junkies as well.
---
"You want it one way, but it's the other way" - Marlon Brando
#15TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 1:20:13 PM
This is the exact kind of **** I've been talking about. They're making it even easier!?

High difficulties better be damn hard...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#16vazurahanPosted 1/30/2013 1:23:27 PM
Don't tell me they dumbed down the game to cater the casuals
---
Official PlatinumGames Metal Gear Rising Revengeance forum
http://community.platinumgames.com/forum.php
#17RichterB17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:24:42 PM
Taizuku posted...
This is the exact kind of **** I've been talking about. They're making it even easier!?

High difficulties better be damn hard...

We have to realize Tai that this game isn't just made for people like us. Hopefully Hard Mode and Revengeance will be for people like us.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#18vgman94Posted 1/30/2013 1:24:49 PM
This is horrendous. On one end, we have DMC vets to think players are bad if they can't master a Royal Release or do an overcomplicated string of combos. On the other end, we have devs making a block move semi-automatic (whatever that's supposed to mean for a game) just for gamers who can't understand what forward stick + Square means or be bothered to get used to the timing of it... Ugh, two extremes, both pretty ridiculous. I weep for both sides.
#19hkfourtysevenPosted 1/30/2013 1:25:34 PM
This article seems show a really strong indication that the full game will play smoother, contrary to all the people who were saying the demo won't be different from the retail version.
#20gamersince1993Posted 1/30/2013 1:25:43 PM
as for someone who grew up in a generation where the only difficulty was hard and likes a challenge,i dislike this article