Interesting interview that talks about the difficulty a bit.

#111TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 9:24:10 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
_Shuyin_ posted...
I think this is great news. I play games for story and atmosphere. Life provides enough stress, I don't need my games throwing game over screens at me when the only reward is a false sense of accomplishment. Like beating the game on hardcore mode somehow means anything at all.

Because it's fun? Where's the fun in not fighting hard opponents and pursuing epic battles?

So the flow of the plot isn't crippled by Game Over screens? When the game stops being fun and begins to feel like a chore?

If gaming feels like a chore, you're playing the wrong games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#112Chain_StrikePosted 1/30/2013 9:26:37 PM
_Shuyin_ posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
_Shuyin_ posted...
I think this is great news. I play games for story and atmosphere. Life provides enough stress, I don't need my games throwing game over screens at me when the only reward is a false sense of accomplishment. Like beating the game on hardcore mode somehow means anything at all.

Because it's fun? Where's the fun in not fighting hard opponents and pursuing epic battles?

So the flow of the plot isn't crippled by Game Over screens? When the game stops being fun and begins to feel like a chore?

Do you know what that's called? a personal problem. I get game over screens yes, (everyone does) but maybe formulating a new plan to stop GO's is a possbilit. Higher difficulties don't cripple a game's plot...that's the players fault.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#113Dice_HazardPosted 1/30/2013 9:33:43 PM
Chain_Strike posted...
_Shuyin_ posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
_Shuyin_ posted...

Do you know what that's called? a personal problem. I get game over screens yes, (everyone does) but maybe formulating a new plan to stop GO's is a possbilit. Higher difficulties don't cripple a game's plot...that's the players fault.

It's called a preference, it's not a problem, and everyone is entitled to appreciate the aspects that they like. And that is why there is Easy, as the developer says in the article, and as Shuyin explains. Smart businesses try to cater to the many, not to a narrow demographic.
---
PSN: Dice_Hazard
#114Chain_StrikePosted 1/30/2013 9:37:29 PM
*shrugs* sometimes thinking narrow is better then having an open mind....sometimes though. Meh whatever I just want a fun game with epic fights being able to immerse myself in it. Like any gamer should....but how can one do that on lower difficulties? (unless you're a youngin')
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#115sephiroth068Posted 1/30/2013 10:45:11 PM
God the elitism in this topic is showing...BADLY

it has been stated many times in this topic and in the article itself that the auto parry stuff is for Easy mode only. In other words Easy Automatic just like the DMC games, Bayonetta, and Casual Auto in Vanquish. And as its been said before, tweaking difficulty does NOT EQUAL making it easier. Besides, if Platinum's track record is anything to go by, Revengeance difficulty will always be hard no matter what changes are made to it. Honestly whatever changes are made to it that somehow make Revengeance difficultly easier, odds are you probably wouldnt even know about it or notice it unless they flat out say what was adjusted at some point. I mean I highly doubt anyone would be thinking, "Man I wonder how much harder Revengenace wouldve been compared to right now", on their first go at it, especially if they are getting their ass kicked unless the difficulty really IS too easy (or the player is just godly and anything is TOO easy) or something which is highly unlikely

Besides, any complaints about Revengeance difficulty being made too easy comes off as premature right now due to the fact that we have NO IDEA just how difficult Revengeance even is or what it will be like playing on it. For all we know (but of course highly unlikely), they probably made Revengenace difficulty literally impossible to complete so adjustments had to be made

now i know why rice_noodles hates this board
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#116the_requiemPosted 1/30/2013 10:53:35 PM
Wow! This thread sure full of snobby elitists.

Most games have three difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, Hard.

Easy *should* be easy. Many folks play game just for story. It is even more so expected in a Metal Gear game which have been stealth shooters than hack-n-slash [nightmare minigame in MGS3 doesn't count].

Are all Hack-n-slash elitists saying that Metal Gear fans who don't normally play hack-n-slash games should not buy this game?

The change has been made for "EASY" mode. If they had added auto-parry on HARD or even NORMAL, I'd understand the outrage. Why are you so bothered by changes to a mode that you will never play and doesn't impact you at all?
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-25, Sal-50
#117RichterB17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:54:28 PM
sephiroth068 posted...
God the elitism in this topic is showing...BADLY

it has been stated many times in this topic and in the article itself that the auto parry stuff is for Easy mode only. In other words Easy Automatic just like the DMC games, Bayonetta, and Casual Auto in Vanquish. And as its been said before, tweaking difficulty does NOT EQUAL making it easier. Besides, if Platinum's track record is anything to go by, Revengeance difficulty will always be hard no matter what changes are made to it. Honestly whatever changes are made to it that somehow make Revengeance difficultly easier, odds are you probably wouldnt even know about it or notice it unless they flat out say what was adjusted at some point. I mean I highly doubt anyone would be thinking, "Man I wonder how much harder Revengenace wouldve been compared to right now", on their first go at it, especially if they are getting their ass kicked unless the difficulty really IS too easy (or the player is just godly and anything is TOO easy) or something which is highly unlikely

Besides, any complaints about Revengeance difficulty being made too easy comes off as premature right now due to the fact that we have NO IDEA just how difficult Revengeance even is or what it will be like playing on it. For all we know (but of course highly unlikely), they probably made Revengenace difficulty literally impossible to complete so adjustments had to be made

now i know why rice_noodles hates this board

So much This ^.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#118RedWarlordPosted 1/30/2013 11:07:38 PM
The developers did the right thing. I played the demo bundled with ZOE and was a bit irritated at the functionality of the blade mode, and the difficulty of collecting spinal cords or whatever it's called, and even the length of time it took to kill enemies. Just hack hack hack!

The demo was not too challening for my personal gameplay level, but i did realize i was going to have to TRY harder than i wanted to. Sometimes, when i play a game, i don't want to TRY hard. i want to relax and have fun.

This is why RPGs appeal to me >D
#119Chain_StrikePosted 1/30/2013 11:12:28 PM
What people do and what people say can be two different things...in the FG game world...stealth changes. Highly doubtful in Rising but there is always a possbility.

Elitism? nah, not my style. I'll insult, mock you but never for saying "who's better". It's just more or less to make you feel bad really.
---
#120ZakuLordJoePosted 1/30/2013 11:12:35 PM
Auto parrying on easy mode eh? I got no issue with that.
---
No...the legendary Sparda...it can't be!