Interesting interview that talks about the difficulty a bit.

#41TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 3:06:10 PM(edited)
chaosflame108 posted...
LOL wow, this is just sad. What ever happened to "practice and get better?" -___-

Sigh........the casualization of this generation is ridiculous. Apparently if games are difficult, it is considered a design flaw. XD HAVE YOU PEOPLE LEARNED NOTHING FROM NINJA GAIDEN 3?

lol reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer sues a corporation because it's coffee was too hot. -____-

I agree with you, but that coffee bit, some places did serve their coffee WAY too hot back in the day. Like boiling hot. There was a lady that spilled some on her leg and it literally melted her skin. She's the reason why it's served cooler.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#42RichterB17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:00:14 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
LOL wow, this is just sad. What ever happened to "practice and get better?" -___-

Sigh........the casualization of this generation is ridiculous. Apparently if games are difficult, it is considered a design flaw. XD HAVE YOU PEOPLE LEARNED NOTHING FROM NINJA GAIDEN 3?

lol reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer sues a corporation because it's coffee was too hot. -____-

Sadly that actually happened and worked in real life.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#43AJ2412Posted 1/30/2013 3:01:51 PM

Not sadly. There was absolutely no reason to serve coffee that hot. It was ridiculous.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#44RichterB17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:06:11 PM
AJ2412 posted...

Not sadly. There was absolutely no reason to serve coffee that hot. It was ridiculous.

Looking into that case I never realized that case happened so long ago lol; and I had forgotten how badly injured she got. Maybe the coffee was indeed too hot.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#45TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 3:06:46 PM
RichterB17 posted...
AJ2412 posted...

Looking into that case I never realized that case happened so long ago lol; and I had forgotten how badly injured she got. Maybe the coffee was indeed too hot.

Yeah no, that **** was ridiculous lol.
---
#46sliceningPosted 1/30/2013 3:06:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#47GamingGuru1992Posted 1/30/2013 3:07:41 PM
I can't understand why people are angry at this? It isn't detracting anything from YOUR experience, hard mode (and any levels beyond that) will still be there for you, it's just making the game more accessable to people who might not be as skilled.

Not everyone can blast through games like Ninja Gaiden or CoD on veteran but that doesn't mean they should be excluded from playing games.
---
PSN: GamingGuru1992
(UK gamer)
#48chaosflame108Posted 1/30/2013 3:12:18 PM
I can't understand why people are angry at this? It isn't detracting anything from YOUR experience, hard mode (and any levels beyond that) will still be there for you, it's just making the game more accessable to people who might not be as skilled.

Not everyone can blast through games like Ninja Gaiden or CoD on veteran but that doesn't mean they should be excluded from playing games.

What exactly is preventing these people from learning and getting better? "Easy mode" shouldn't exist in my opinion. People don't just instantly master a game as soon as they play it, you have to adapt. Developers feeling the need to pander to these "noobs(srry but true)" offends me as an "normal" player.

Sigh.......it's just like those fighting games that feature "Come back' features, lol but that's a whole other story.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#49TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 3:14:22 PM
slicening posted...
Taizuku posted...
slicening posted...
Taizuku posted...
slicening posted...
believe it or not, there are more than just the best gamers in the world interested in playing this game. i really cant understand what all the fuss is about. there will be different difficulty settings, there ya go. but noooo, we have to hear constant whining about if the game is going to be hard enough. maybe they will come out with an impossible mode. that way, the super duper great gamers will never actually be able to beat the game, and can be happy forever after.

What if it's too easy with the difficulties in it.

sigh.... play waisted, blind folded, one handed. etc...

You're right. I should totally have to handicap myself because of someone else's unwillingness to learn and adapt.

Your attitude is a cancer in the world. Make everything easier for lazy asses.

hey pal, your the cancer clinging on someone elses work worrying about if its going to be to your liking. as a matter of fact, your an f'ing parasite.

There's a difference between something "being to my liking" and catering to the unwilling to learn.
---
#50ISquat600lbsPosted 1/30/2013 3:27:33 PM
Taizuku posted...
slicening posted...
Taizuku posted...
slicening posted...
believe it or not, there are more than just the best gamers in the world interested in playing this game. i really cant understand what all the fuss is about. there will be different difficulty settings, there ya go. but noooo, we have to hear constant whining about if the game is going to be hard enough. maybe they will come out with an impossible mode. that way, the super duper great gamers will never actually be able to beat the game, and can be happy forever after.

What if it's too easy with the difficulties in it.

sigh.... play waisted, blind folded, one handed. etc...

You're right. I should totally have to handicap myself because of someone else's unwillingness to learn and adapt.

Your attitude is a cancer in the world. Make everything easier for lazy asses.

Man, why are you all being so hostile and crying so much? They're talking about easy mode FFS dude. It's even mentioned in the PlatinumGames blog post today and lots of interviews. If you want to play it with some challenge then go for S ranks on Revengeance difficulty and in VR missions. If you want to make it harder then do a no upgrade S rank run on Revengeance. They've stated before now lots of times that the hardest difficulty will be challenging. If you really think easy mode being easy is going to spoil your enjoyment of hard mode then you're prematurely jumping to a stupid conclusion.

Metal Gear Solid fans who don't play or even like hack and slash games will use easy difficulty, so will people who don't care about being the best and attention whoring about it. They all pay the same $60 too. If you don't want to play on easy you don't have to, you know they put four different difficulty modes in for a reason dude.

Quit crying that everyone who doesn't play hard mode is lazy and they're ruining the game for you before it's even out. If anything's cancer here it's your entitled attitude that this game and every difficulty in it should be tailored specifically for you, man. No one cares that you think you're really skilled and you're already making out the game isn't going to be hard enough for you on the basis easy mode is easy. You really don't need to post on four pages crying about it to try and make yourself look like a hardcore player.

You aren't hardcore, you're sad. Go outside and get some sun, eat some oats, do some squats, few years down the line you'll thank me. You'll look up to the stars and say "Thanks bro, you totally turned my pathetic existence around with your motivating post about what a crying gas-bag I am, things are better now; I look better, I feel better, I cry a lot less. I owe it all to you, man, thank you."

Just saying man, just saying.

(Also I'm going to play this game once on normal mode then give it away to my 13 year old nephew and get on with my superior life. Yeah you're mad, try not to cry about it dude, hold back dose tears boy, you can do it, I believe in you)