Interesting interview that talks about the difficulty a bit.

#61DarkchocolateXPosted 1/30/2013 3:27:46 PM
Taizuku posted...
PBCT posted...
Why care if they add easy mode as long as they don't **** up anything for the rest of us? Looks like nerd chest-beating in this topic to me. Be happy they didn't have enough time to completely destroy the game.

I hate this attitude. You're on a video game forum calling people nerds. Really..?

LOL the chest beating part did made me lol though.

Really, I'm pretty sure they won't dumb down the hardest settings for sure.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#62XeroShinobiPosted 1/30/2013 3:41:58 PM(edited)
I like a challenge as much—probably a lot more—than the next guy, but having a setting or two for the casuals isn't the end of the world. Let them play through for the story, and if they get hooked on the gameplay they can move up the difficulty after their initial playthrough. If they don't, it's no great loss.

Like it or not, it's important nowadays for developers to try to appeal to as many people as possible to offset cost. Games are getting more and more expensive to produce. It's impossible to make a triple A title for a niche audience today. Better they pander to casuals via difficulty settings rather than water the whole game down, ŕ la Assassin's Creed.
---
Currently playing: not much
#63vega2505Posted 1/30/2013 3:40:58 PM
Ace10of27Spades posted...
chaoshadou posted...
Wow, gamers today, I feel sorry for devs.

I used to think this way, but i realise that some people only play Meta Gear games to experience the story and have a fun time. people are attracted to the humour and the story more so thanthe challenge in any Metal Gear. I have never really been a cusual player of the series, but I certainly understand their perspective.

People who just play it for the story and aren't good at the game are obviously pretty new to the series, because it's never been that easy until more recently...I think it's more along the lines of the skills people gain by playing a stealth game do not help them play an action game, so that's why they had to change the difficulty a bit.

It's still not as easy as Bayonetta's easiest mode, where you basically just mashed one button...and the challenge is still there if you want it, so I don't see the problem.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#64Ace10of27SpadesPosted 1/30/2013 3:51:26 PM
vega2505 posted...
Ace10of27Spades posted...
chaoshadou posted...
Wow, gamers today, I feel sorry for devs.

I used to think this way, but i realise that some people only play Meta Gear games to experience the story and have a fun time. people are attracted to the humour and the story more so thanthe challenge in any Metal Gear. I have never really been a cusual player of the series, but I certainly understand their perspective.

People who just play it for the story and aren't good at the game are obviously pretty new to the series, because it's never been that easy until more recently...I think it's more along the lines of the skills people gain by playing a stealth game do not help them play an action game, so that's why they had to change the difficulty a bit.

It's still not as easy as Bayonetta's easiest mode, where you basically just mashed one button...and the challenge is still there if you want it, so I don't see the problem.

i met some cool casual gamers because of a speedrun result pic I put up on the MGS facebook page. They explained to me thier perspective on the series and why they love it. Even though they like playing easy mode, they have a full appreciation of the series. I gained a totally new perspective and understanding and I really think it's cool to see such a diversity of gamers in the MG franchise. It's even more cool now that we are even getting action gamers into the fold. I am certain that the superior intellectuals that made the game understand this, and made a design that should appeal to everyone. Furthermore, we have no reason to believe that two of the most elite gaming forces in the industry would give us anything less than the best gaming experience possible, especially with thier powers combined.
---
"You want it one way, but it's the other way" - Marlon Brando
#65overmaxxPosted 1/30/2013 4:00:00 PM
...are people even reading the news? He says they are making the EASY MODE semi-automatic, that is their "rescue" for people who can't master the game.

Bayonetta had an Automatic mode, Vanquish had Casual Auto, go ahead and try saying those games are easy.
#66AJ2412Posted 1/30/2013 4:15:17 PM
...are people even reading the news? He says they are making the EASY MODE semi-automatic, that is their "rescue" for people who can't master the game.

Bayonetta had an Automatic mode, Vanquish had Casual Auto, go ahead and try saying those games are easy.

Vanquish is pretty easy. Except for God Hard mode. That one is really hard.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#67sworderPosted 1/30/2013 4:37:24 PM
AJ2412 posted...

Easy is a game you can just blow through it. Did you really play Vanquish on normal the very first time and never - not once - had red health and AR saved your ass?
#68Bayonetta_Posted 1/30/2013 4:42:36 PM
sworder posted...
AJ2412 posted...

Easy is a game you can just blow through it. Did you really play Vanquish on normal the very first time and never - not once - had red health and AR saved your ass?

Calling every challenging game easy is the new Macho gamer trend nowadays.
#69TaizukuPosted 1/30/2013 4:44:12 PM
Bayonetta_ posted...
sworder posted...
AJ2412 posted...

Calling every challenging game easy is the new Macho gamer trend nowadays.

Keep in mind, not everyone sucks at games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#70BillysanPosted 1/30/2013 5:11:07 PM(edited)
Has long has they didn't carry this ideology into the harder modes I'm fine.

The game should be fully accessible to MGS fans has well so I don't mind it in easy and normal.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman