I'm not sure if this has been posted, but it's an update on the difficulty.

#1RichterB17Posted 1/31/2013 7:03:17 PM
This is from the Official Platinum Games forums. It's a response made from PG employee JP Kellams

What? You guys didn't hear!?

We've made a company wide initiative to make all of our games as easy as possible. It really started when I took the Imagine! series of DS games to Inaba-san's desk and told him that our games should be more like the Imagine! titles, but with blood, and swords, and guns, and other guy stuff.

So yeah, we really wanted to call it Imagine! Cyborg Ninja, and have scenarios like that Mega64 video, but Konami were pretty set on calling it Metal Gear Rising. Oh well. At least it plays like an Imagine! title.

Seriously, if you can read that entire article and not understand the context of us making sure our game is balanced, you probably spend an inordinate amount of time counting the pixels between the vertabrae in the spines of fictional cyborgs. Oh wait...

The game can be brutally hard if you want it to be. It can be easy if you want it to be. I've heard all these same complaints when we talked about accessibility and Easy Automatic in Bayo/Vanquish and not a soul on earth complains those games are easy.

Also, in an article on 4gamer, they said that Normal Mode has been tweaked to be more balanced, but they went all out on the harder difficulties. Also in this 4gamer article Inaba talked about how the AI used to be dumb.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/093/G009308/20130131011/index_2.html

That's the article, but it's in Japanese so you have to translate it (I didn't read it so you guys judge it).

By the way the vertebrae comment is a friendly jab at a guy whose had a lot of passion for this game being just about perfect. I won't say who though. Anyway, fret not people, you will have your challenge!
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#2Chain_StrikePosted 1/31/2013 7:07:22 PM
Hmmmmm....I'm not buying it....not yet anyway.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#3TaizukuPosted 1/31/2013 7:10:43 PM
They went all out eh? Hm.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#4RichterB17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:22:11 PM
I'm reading part of the article (the translation is all messed up), but at one point in the article they talked about Japanese reaction to Rising at first and even they said "It's not metal gear!" lol.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#5MGRRevengeancePosted 1/31/2013 7:27:40 PM
Yeah the guy who posts about the spines is annoying.
#6RichterB17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:35:31 PM
MGRRevengeance posted...

I used to feel the same at first, but his intentions were very good. So I appreciate the things he's done.
---
#7DullahansXMarkPosted 1/31/2013 7:42:30 PM
The enemy AI is much smarter now, eh? Sounds good!
#8MGRRevengeancePosted 1/31/2013 7:46:20 PM
RichterB17 posted...
MGRRevengeance posted...

I used to feel the same at first, but his intentions were very good. So I appreciate the things he's done.

What has he done? All he did was complain.
#9awsomemanspiffPosted 1/31/2013 7:57:32 PM
Yeah go mega64!
---
Favorite shows:Arrested development and firefly.
If you're a Christian you're cool. If you're not you're still cool I don't care.
#10RichterB17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:08:54 PM
MGRRevengeance posted...
RichterB17 posted...
MGRRevengeance posted...

What has he done? All he did was complain.

That is sort of what he did. He made bug report topic on the forums that listed all the apparent bugs that could be seen in trailers which then also allowed people who've had the demo for awhile to post the bugs they've seen from just playing the game. The only reason he complained is because Platinum actually listens to their fans and they check the forums to see stuff like that. Nothing wrong with giving feedback, they know he's a fan.
---