Is there any chance this might be as good as DmC?

#1IsaacClarkBeastPosted 2/1/2013 5:11:51 PM
When playing the demo, I was just bored really. The game is very bland. Art style and environment design is really not creative at all. And this is pretty big after playing DmC, which is so spectacular. Fighting is pretty good, but DmC is just more fun.

I still hope though that the full game will be better as a I am a big Metal gear fan.
#2justthekidPosted 2/1/2013 5:18:02 PM
hope you got your heat resistant suit on.
#3caffiend7Posted 2/1/2013 5:19:34 PM
Seems the marker has it's hold on you
#4PhaseSlaethePosted 2/1/2013 5:24:34 PM
Cool story.
#5tehheadPosted 2/1/2013 5:24:43 PM
As good as DmC
The entire game is IMO

Bland environment, can't blame platinum, its not really their forte & we don't really care
About speed, is it just me, or raiden feels more clunky compared to DmC dante, but he looks smoother

I'm playing this simply because the game feels like playing PS2 game, when if you don't learn fast, decimated is imminent & you'll learn fast or give up
#6SHMYazooPosted 2/1/2013 5:30:54 PM(edited)
It's gonna be a different kind of fun, really. It's not a hack n' slash game like DmC or Bayonetta, it's more of a Ninja Gaiden kind of game, so if you liked that, you'll probably enjoy this one a lot.

The environments seem bland and the moves don't feel as fluid, specially the jump, but the overall feel of the game is great, in my opinion. I already have it pre-ordered. While I would have preferred a Bayonetta approach to it, I think it'll still be great.

You should play the demo, if you haven't already, it's pretty fun, I must have played it about 20 times.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#7RichterB17Posted 2/1/2013 5:33:00 PM
MGR will be better than that game you mentioned. Anything is better than that game you mentioned.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#8IsaacClarkBeast(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:51:17 PM
RichterB17 posted...
MGR will be better than that game you mentioned. Anything is better than that game you mentioned.

I have played both my friend. As big of a metal gear fan as I am, MGR:R isn't even close to how spectacular DmC is in combat, aesthetics, and music. Then again I am judging MGR:R by the demo alone. Hopefully the full game is surprisingly good.
#9Griever13roPosted 2/1/2013 5:54:51 PM
IsaacClarkBeast posted...
When playing the demo, I was just bored really. The game is very bland. Art style and environment design is really not creative at all. And this is pretty big after playing DmC, which is so spectacular. Fighting is pretty good, but DmC is just more fun.

I still hope though that the full game will be better as a I am a big Metal gear fan.

Lol
---
Griever
#10aflawedpeacePosted 2/1/2013 5:57:45 PM
RichterB17 posted...

LMFAO. I don't know why, but I found the above post hilarious.

PS...DmC sucked.