Any good?(No spoilers)

#1wwinterj25Posted 2/1/2013 8:55:42 PM
I've not been following this game much and don't want to download the demo to avoid spoilers. I'm a big hack and slash fan and Metal Gear fan so those two mixed together has me interested. Bayonetta, Devil May Cry and so on all great games. Aside from DmC but that's for another topic. So what do you guys/girls think about this game? Is it challenging? Worth a buy? Good combos to pull off? Thoughts please. :D
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#2InsomniaackPosted 2/1/2013 9:00:08 PM
The demo is epic, and the control scheme makes a lot of sense. There are people on here who have played the demo in excess of 50 times, which I think speaks volumes about the game. I personally have only played it around 10 times.

Also there are a lot of fun ways to interact with various enemies in battle, with parrying, dodging, etc. The only thing I don't like is how they explain parrying while you're mid combat, and you miss the explanation because you're already preoccupied. Hopefully the VR section will be expanded for those who havn't played the demo.

I too want to avoid spoilers, beyond the demo, and havn't been watching trailers in a very long time.

Cheers.
#3LegendXPPosted 2/1/2013 9:01:26 PM
Demo doesn't really contain spoilers. Nothing you wouldn't know in the first 20 minutes of playing the full game. It's very fun, very fast and very satisfying. Give the demo a go, you can also skip the cut scenes.
---
You've met a terrible fate, haven't you?
#4wwinterj25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:05:07 PM
This all sounds very positive. I'll take the plunge and pre order soon. I'll resist downloading the demo though. This year seems a good year for hack and slash fans.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#5sworderPosted 2/1/2013 9:16:36 PM
I was skeptical of this game at first but the demo is really fun
#6RaengPosted 2/2/2013 1:57:59 AM
I'm pretty big on action games. Vanquish, Bayonetta, DMC1/2/3/4, God Hand, Shinobi. Love it all (though DMC2 was ... weird).
And MGR:R is pretty darn much amazing. I literally cannot wait to play it in all it's glory.

If you like action games even a little bit, this will be heaven for you.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#7jurrian91Posted 2/2/2013 2:52:07 AM
I like it, A LOT!
---
"He said that the MC made dick move." -gohobojoe
#8moniewitchPosted 2/2/2013 8:43:17 AM
I'm not playing the demo either to avoid spoilers too
---
Jesus is our best friend & savior