Even though the demo was awesome..

#1DarkchocolateXPosted 2/5/2013 5:31:29 AM
IMO, they really should have given a demo from the final build or something close. Seeing the new vids confirm the full game looks a lot better, smoother and the cutting's improved along with combo speed. I think it would have pulled some more people over the edge of buying this game to.
---
Woman: Does this make me look fat? Al Bundy: It's not the dress that makes you look fat it's the fat that makes you look
#2Ace10of27SpadesPosted 2/5/2013 5:33:43 AM
DarkchocolateX posted...
IMO, they really should have given a demo from the final build or something close. Seeing the new vids confirm the full game looks a lot better, smoother and the cutting's improved along with combo speed. I think it would have pulled some more people over the edge of buying this game to.

Completely logical, sound reasoning. I agree.
---
I'm a video game nerd. Society doesn't percieve me that way. Here is why: Gym. Shower. Hygiene. Self Respect.
#3skytrotPosted 2/5/2013 6:05:02 AM
Takes too much man power and resources. Also, demos more often then not prevent people from buying the game rather then buying it. You should check out Extra Credits' video on game demos.
#4COKE2Posted 2/5/2013 6:22:58 AM
i saw that video...I'll be honest...most demos don't convince me to buy a game.
---
Life is like a lemon squirting you in the eye when ever it wants to.
#5ToxicKookiePosted 2/5/2013 6:49:33 AM
skytrot posted...
Also, demos more often then not prevent people from buying the game rather then buying it.

Bull s***.
---
XBL is filled with children.
PSN is filled with adults who act like children.
#6cyanide_suicidePosted 2/5/2013 7:29:15 AM
The Ni No Kuni demo convinced me to buy that game.

I do not regret my purchase.
#7skytrotPosted 2/5/2013 8:06:21 AM
ToxicKookie posted...
skytrot posted...
Also, demos more often then not prevent people from buying the game rather then buying it.

Bull s***.

Ask yourself this question. How often does a demo convince you to buy a game you had no intention of buying before playing the demo? Most of the time they don't. Out of maybe say 10 demos you download, maybe 1 will actually convince you to go out and buy the full thing.

Then there's another side to the story. You had the intention to buy a said game and
A) either the demo dissuades you from getting the game because you found out that it's crappy

or

B) it just confirms your intention or you were going to buy it anyway.

Whichever way you look at it, demos don't help much at all in getting people to buy games. It's a lose lose situation. You should check out Extra Credits' video on game demos, they have some solid stats to back that up.
#8Jay_48601Posted 2/5/2013 1:07:16 PM
I didn't plan on getting this game until I played it through the ZOE HD Collection. No hype for it at all and the demo persuaded me to preorder it. The same applies for Crysis 3. Never payed attention to the series until I played the open beta. I'll definitely get that but I think it comes out on the same day as MGR. If that's the case, it may have to wait, but it will definitely be bought somewhat soon.

One more example would have to be Bayonetta. I was skeptical about this one until I played the demo myself and then let my old ex play it. Got that on release day.

Purchases from demos obviously depend on the individual too much to set some type of assumption.
---
Currently playing: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Megaman X3, and SMW2
PSN: Jay48601
#9ChaoticKnucklesPosted 2/5/2013 1:21:07 PM
skytrot posted...
ToxicKookie posted...
skytrot posted...

Bull s***.

Ask yourself this question. How often does a demo convince you to buy a game you had no intention of buying before playing the demo? Most of the time they don't. Out of maybe say 10 demos you download, maybe 1 will actually convince you to go out and buy the full thing.

Then there's another side to the story. You had the intention to buy a said game and
A) either the demo dissuades you from getting the game because you found out that it's crappy

or

B) it just confirms your intention or you were going to buy it anyway.

Whichever way you look at it, demos don't help much at all in getting people to buy games. It's a lose lose situation. You should check out Extra Credits' video on game demos, they have some solid stats to back that up.

I agree. Very rarely does a demo take me from "not going to buy" into "going to buy" territory. And if I'm on the fence, a demo has more chance of persuading me to not buy the game than to buy it. It IS a lose-lose for game companies. It's good for us though, helps us not spend money on products we won't enjoy.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#10SpyDRfreeKPosted 2/5/2013 7:58:11 PM
Wait....the demo was an old build? Its gunna be MORE awesome??
Day 1 buy tbh
---
Users who like pie: 73 http://i.imgur.com/v7wt7.gif
Last movie watched: Skyfall, 9/10