Do you think Platinum actually cares about this game?

#21Honey-BoyPosted 2/7/2013 3:32:04 AM
SilentProtag posted...
Ace10of27Spades posted...
SilentProtag posted...
nah. It just wasn't that fun. not worth $60, Platinum should have sold it for 30.

WHY DONT YOU RIKE IT!!!

personally the combat was really boring I thought. and it didn't feel like a Metal Gear game, I've played them all and that didnt seem like Raiden at all.

plus the graphics were really bad and that was supposed to be due to 60 fps but on my ps3 whenever I cut stuff up the game ran slow. the whole thing felt like a budget title

first off you have no friends.
and secondly, you have awful taste.
---
~choose death~
#22obliviondollPosted 2/7/2013 3:46:52 AM
SilentProtag posted...
SilentProtag posted...
nah. It just wasn't that fun. not worth $60, Platinum should have sold it for 30.

WHY DONT YOU RIKE IT!!!

personally the combat was really boring I thought. and it didn't feel like a Metal Gear game, I've played them all and that didnt seem like Raiden at all.

plus the graphics were really bad and that was supposed to be due to 60 fps but on my ps3 whenever I cut stuff up the game ran slow. the whole thing felt like a budget title

Firstly, as a couple of people have mentioned already, the demo was from an old build of the game, so many (if not all) the problems can be attributed to that. From what I've seen of leaked (and promoted) footage from more recent builds, they seem to have tightened things up a lot.

The "didn't feel like a Metal Gear game" part is pure opinion, and probably heavily influenced by your personal preference for the slower-paced gameplay of the MGS series. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, or that you're wrong for preferring that style of game, but the world and setting is there. It isn't Metal Gear Solid, but it still feels like Metal Gear to me.

Lastly, unless I've got the "parts" counter above 300 (which isn't easy in combat), I haven't experienced any slowdown worth mentioning on my PS3, except for one moment in one Codec conversation. That one point of slowdown seems like it's almost certain to be an "old build" problem that will be fixed by release. I'd expect that newer builds can probably also handle more pieces of cut-up enemies and environmental objects without slowdown.

So if you have problems with the gameplay and don't like it, don't buy it. If you like the game, but not enough to pay full price, find a deal or wait for a price drop. Personally, I'm loving the demo, and expecting the release version to be smoother and better in most of the ways that matter. If I'm wrong, this will be the first time I've regretted a current-gen game purchase.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#23desi_shinobiPosted 2/7/2013 4:49:51 AM
I feel they are putting 110% into this game. Platinum have been entrusted with an amazing franchise and from what I seen and played. It would be silly to say they half arsed it.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#24Darknessbeast10Posted 2/7/2013 5:28:55 AM
People on this board need to learn not to feed the trolls.
---
With your power you can do nothing: Not One Single Thing - Pain
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
#25MurphysGhostPosted 2/7/2013 5:50:57 AM
"Raiden, turn the game console off right now! I'm canceling my pre-order!"
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#26snake2410Posted 2/7/2013 5:55:56 AM
Feels like Metal Gear to me. Its not the faster gameplay that feels like it but more so the atmosphere and the little things that are pulled from the other Metal Gears.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MGS SAGA 4x Plat!, GoW SAGA 5x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#27doofy102Posted 2/7/2013 6:03:18 AM
The game is fun but feels kind of trashy to me. Definitely doesn't remind me of the quality of normal MGS games.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#28Darknessbeast10Posted 2/7/2013 6:13:18 AM
doofy102 posted...
The game is fun but feels kind of trashy to me. Definitely doesn't remind me of the quality of normal MGS games.

What?

>Fun
>Trashy

Pick one.
---
With your power you can do nothing: Not One Single Thing - Pain
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
#29MurphysGhostPosted 2/7/2013 6:21:10 AM
"Platinum was never factored into the simulation! Leave them out of this!"
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#30Ace10of27SpadesPosted 2/7/2013 10:53:44 AM
SilentProtag posted...
SilentProtag posted...

WHY DONT YOU RIKE IT!!!

YOU MUST RIKE IT NAOOOOOO!!!!!
---
Export Good Intentions