Game length?

#1SmackpwnPosted 2/7/2013 4:11:45 AM
Will this game be as lengthy as metal gear solid games, even if its mostly cutscenes? i have no problem sitting through 30 minute cutscenes if they explain alot of the story, but im worried this might turn out to be one of those 8 hour long sugar rush action games
#2SteadyingMeatPosted 2/7/2013 4:19:34 AM
I think it's fairly safe to assume it's gonna be about as long as your average MGS game, only for better or for worse, less of that time will be spent watching cutscenes.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#3nonexistingheroPosted 2/7/2013 4:27:56 AM
I expect somewhere between 8-12 hours. I doubt they'll focus as much on cutscenes as Kojima. So no, it won't be as long as your average MGS game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4desi_shinobiPosted 2/7/2013 4:43:49 AM
Bayonetta was a pretty hefty game on the first playthrough, I'm hoping it will be like that too.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#51319_13055Posted 2/7/2013 4:51:59 AM
desi_shinobi posted...
Bayonetta was a pretty hefty game on the first playthrough, I'm hoping it will be like that too.

I don't know what your talking about Bayonetta was a incredibly short game it took me under 6 hours to beat it on my first playthrough on normal and I was really taking my time with it as well.
#6desi_shinobiPosted 2/7/2013 5:01:38 AM
Really? I remember it being longer.. Alot longer then that.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#7QCTeamkillPosted 2/7/2013 5:15:49 AM
I don't expect the game to be long, but I hope it will be well divided in roughly 20 missions/chapters. I hate to have to restart a 30 minutes run because I messed up during boss fight.
#8runyonavePosted 2/7/2013 5:52:45 AM
I hope it's a short game. Both Bayonetta and Vanquish were short and I probably put like 200+ hours in those games.
---
"Do you feel it, Zach? My coffee warned me about it." - Francis York Morgan.
Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut, Q1 2013. Welcome back Zach.
#9snake2410Posted 2/7/2013 6:01:33 AM(edited)
QCTeamkill posted...
I don't expect the game to be long, but I hope it will be well divided in roughly 20 missions/chapters. I hate to have to restart a 30 minutes run because I messed up during boss fight.

It has an ingame save feature so you can pretty much save at whatever checkpoint you're at. If you call the chick in the demo she mentions that it autosaves your checkpoints but you can also manual save.

Bayonetta took me about 10 - 12 hours on my first playthrough, and I took my time and didn't get stuck anywhere. The preview on IGN(I believe it was from the Australlian IGN team) said that the guy was something like 6 hours in and was only roughly half way through if I remember right. There are 7 or 8 chapters and a Prologue chapter according to the achievement list leaked a few months back.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MGS SAGA 4x Plat!, GoW SAGA 5x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#10nonexistingheroPosted 2/7/2013 6:02:14 AM
desi_shinobi posted...
Really? I remember it being longer.. Alot longer then that.

I think 8-9 hours on normal. The people saying Bayonetta is a 6 hour game play it on easy and button mash their way through with auto combos.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.