CVG Interview

#1QuickandtheDeadPosted 2/8/2013 10:48:08 PM
Interview from December. Maybe old, but some interesting points in case some of you did not see this.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/382290/interviews/interview-platinum-men/?page=1#top_banner
#2robertadeathPosted 2/9/2013 12:36:39 AM
"One big difference is that all of our staff believe Kojima Productions are too detailed when it comes to settings! They're so precise when they're looking at each game setting - it's something Platinum Games has never experienced. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and we believe that their keen eye has made our staff a lot better. "

Hmmmm, I'm a bit worried about the environments in this game.. Thanks for the interview, though! It was interesting..
#3RichterB17Posted 2/9/2013 12:58:51 AM
robertadeath posted...
"One big difference is that all of our staff believe Kojima Productions are too detailed when it comes to settings! They're so precise when they're looking at each game setting - it's something Platinum Games has never experienced. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and we believe that their keen eye has made our staff a lot better. "

Hmmmm, I'm a bit worried about the environments in this game.. Thanks for the interview, though! It was interesting..

He did say their keen eye has made their staff better, honestly I thought the environments in most of their games were pretty damn good already. Bayonetta and Vanquish had pretty cool environments, Anarchy Reigns was a little on the muddy side, but I blame the art style and large scale multiplayer for that.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#4-Jester-Masque-Posted 2/9/2013 2:26:37 AM
I agree about Bayonetta and Vanquish having pretty decent environments. But then again, maybe (at least in the case of Bayonetta), the beautiful character designs were just super effective at distracting us.

I remember that MadWorld had great environments. They were simple and silly, but they made a lot of sense, particularly the Halloween-ish levels.
#5MimebladePosted 2/9/2013 2:36:03 AM
the only problem i have with Bayonetta is the repetition of having to backtrack levels ala Devil May Cry in order to get stronger for later boss fights.

I prefer games that give more stage diversity and don't force you to be stuck in one area.
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#6dorkmodePosted 2/9/2013 2:38:11 AM
-Jester-Masque- posted...
I agree about Bayonetta and Vanquish having pretty decent environments. But then again, maybe (at least in the case of Bayonetta), the beautiful character designs were just super effective at distracting us.

I remember that MadWorld had great environments. They were simple and silly, but they made a lot of sense, particularly the Halloween-ish levels.

bayo had cheesy graphics in super cool environments. It hardly matters, because the game is so fun. i have a great time playing it.

Vanquish is simple incredible all the way around. The environments in the game are amazing, everything is so live!
---
Duh! Winning!