Bad Review = Do not care............Wait...are people this stupid?

#1YumeOMiruPosted 2/10/2013 8:50:41 AM
"I donīt care what anyone else think, as long as I like the game"
"Screw the reviewers bad reviews, is good nuff that I think the game is good"

People, good, you canīt actually be this narrow minded can you? Grow up and learn how the world works. If a game you like get poor sales, the chance of getting more of the same stuff from the same game developers are abysmal at best. Now, no matter how you look like it, reviews does affect sales.

So who cares if this game gets reviewed by all the casual paid reviewers from IGN and gets a 1.0. As long as this is the best sh!t you ever played right?

You should all give a flying f****** fudge, cause good reviews= better sales than bad reviews= more good games.

The bottom line, you should all care what others think. Donīt be in your little bubble hoping P* will continue to make quality games when this bomb.

Donīt get me wrong, I pre-ordered the game and love the demo. I hope it sells well and receive a sequel or something else from P*. But none of that is going to happen if you donīt "care".

C.A.R.E, please do, ignorant reviewers does matter, haters does matter. Everything matters, look at DmC. Great scores, but we gamers know the game sucked and it bombed in sales. So the original Devil May Cry fans never bought it but it got great reviews.

"But...but you said reviews matters...."

Reviews matters, fans matters, everything matters. I hope we are clear on how this works now.

Thoughts?
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#2PyroSparkPosted 2/10/2013 8:51:57 AM
Ever since RE6 got bad scores and ended up being my favorite RE by a landslide, I stopped even glancing at reviews.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#3TheF1BOBPosted 2/10/2013 8:55:48 AM
Just read the DmC review on IGN. Worse review I've ever read.
---
METAL GEAR RISING - THE REBIRTH OF METAL GEAR
RAIDEN > BIG BOSS
#4xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/10/2013 9:20:27 AM
PyroSpark posted...
Ever since RE6 got bad scores and ended up being my favorite RE by a landslide, I stopped even glancing at reviews.

RE6 favorite RE by a landslide? Wow.... you just need better opinions
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#5Parukia256Posted 2/10/2013 9:21:26 AM
Monster Hunter.
---
Love like winter.
#6skytrotPosted 2/10/2013 9:23:47 AM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
PyroSpark posted...

People have different tastes.
#7SHMYazooPosted 2/10/2013 9:28:18 AM
This statement right here "but we gamers know the game [DmC] sucked and it bombed in sales" kills your whole point, to be honest.

First of all, like you said, sales don't mean a game is good and you're certainly not qualified to talk about "us gamers" like if all of us reached a consensus about it because I, for one, enjoyed the game a lot and I think it's probably the best or second best DMC game to date. You have some very arbitrary numbers so far and you don't know the reasoning behind the so called "bad sales". I hope you don't reply to this with something like "but the MAJORITY of us" or "MOST of us". A game quality is subjective, not objective, no matter what you think of it.

Second of all, if you persist with this logic of thinking you'll be heavily contradicting yourself because in the beginning you say good reviews mean a game will sell more and that's why we should care about review scores, but suddenly you point out how gamers can see through the scores and judge a game by themselves and review scores don't matter. See the contradiction?

I would advise against thinking that game sales is something very simple to understand. Like with most entertainment products, there's an absurdly big number of factors that influence if the product is going to sell or not, like Time Window of Release, Public Opinion of the Company, Region, Word of Mouth, Brand Relevance, Price, Availability, Marketing, Reviews, Controversy behind the product, Share of Heart of the particular product, and many, many, MANY more. That's why I can't help but laugh when I see people in forums trying to "rationalize" stuff that others go to college to learn, in a very simplistic way, most of the time.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#8desi_shinobiPosted 2/10/2013 9:28:55 AM
skytrot posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
PyroSpark posted...

People have different tastes.

RE6 is one of my favourite RE games next to RE0 & 2. I never really followed or cared for reviews. But the way people ganged up on RE6 was uncalled for personally.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#9Darknessbeast10Posted 2/10/2013 9:29:55 AM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
PyroSpark posted...

Do i even have to point out what's wrong with that statement?
---
With your power you can do nothing: Not One Single Thing - Pain
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
#10YumeOMiru(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:31:21 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
This statement right here "but we gamers know the game [DmC] sucked and it bombed in sales" kills your whole point, to be honest.

First of all, like you said, sales don't mean a game is good and you're certainly not qualified to talk about "us gamers" like if all of us reached a consensus about it because I, for one, enjoyed the game a lot and I think it's probably the best or second best DMC game to date. You have some very arbitrary numbers so far and you don't know the reasoning behind the so called "bad sales". I hope you don't reply to this with something like "but the MAJORITY of us" or "MOST of us". A game quality is subjective, not objective, no matter what you think of it.

Second of all, if you persist with this logic of thinking you'll be heavily contradicting yourself because in the beginning you say good reviews mean a game will sell more and that's why we should care about review scores, but suddenly you point out how gamers can see through the scores and judge a game by themselves and review scores don't matter. See the contradiction?

I would advise against thinking that game sales is something very simple to understand. Like with most entertainment products, there's an absurdly big number of factors that influence if the product is going to sell or not, like Time Window of Release, Public Opinion of the Company, Region, Word of Mouth, Brand Relevance, Price, Availability, Marketing, Reviews, Controversy behind the product, Share of Heart of the particular product, and many, many, MANY more. That's why I can't help but laugh when I see people in forums trying to "rationalize" stuff that others go to college to learn, in a very simplistic way, most of the time.

LOL, read the whole post first lad.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.