Dat Dodge Cancel...

#1CymerianPosted 2/10/2013 8:56:22 PM
Since I have mastered it, Geckos don't stand a chance.
---
Fanboys: I want Tales of-
Excalibur: Fool! What right do you have to want a tales game? My legend dates back to the 12th century!
#2SolidHaseoPosted 2/10/2013 9:00:24 PM
Dodge cancel? I don't even know what BM cancel is....
---
Enthusiast of the Female Body
I draw anime....
#3malicemizerfanPosted 2/10/2013 9:02:07 PM
SolidHaseo posted...

its when you suddenly clench up and decide not to use in the bathroom.

I kid, I kid, its using blade mode for a split second to cancel out of a combo.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#4Dominus_1Posted 2/10/2013 9:03:11 PM
SolidHaseo posted...

Dodge cancel = cancelling out of the recovery of a move by press wide attack + jump, which is the dodge move. Blade mode cancelling is cancelling out of the recovery of moves by using blade mode.
#5Cymerian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:07:28 PM
Dominus_1 posted...
SolidHaseo posted...

Dodge cancel = cancelling out of the recovery of a move by press wide attack + jump, which is the dodge move. Blade mode cancelling is cancelling out of the recovery of moves by using blade mode.

Sort of. Dodge Canceling is when you cancel the Dodge (Square + X) into Blade Mode (L1). The trick is, only the forward dodge can be canceled into blade mode. So, when fighting a Gecko for instance, if you parry, they often jump back, preventing you from continuing a combo string. However, if you Dodge forward at the right time (basically, take advantage of it's brief invincibility), you can negate the recovery frames of the dodge by tapping the blade mode button. This allowing you to simply continue a combo, as all this transpires in under a second.

It's a MUST learn for those looking to further their game.
---
Fanboys: I want Tales of-
Excalibur: Fool! What right do you have to want a tales game? My legend dates back to the 12th century!
#6SolidHaseoPosted 2/10/2013 9:08:49 PM
Cymerian posted...
Dominus_1 posted...
SolidHaseo posted...

Sort of. Dodge Canceling is when you cancel the Dodge (Square + X) into Blade Mode (L1). The trick is, only the forward dodge can be canceled into blade mode. So, when fighting a Gecko for instance, if you parry, they often jump back, preventing you from continuing a combo string. However, if you Dodge forward at the right time (basically, take advantage of it's brief invincibility), you can negate the recovery frames of the dodge by tapping the blade mode button. This allowing you to simply continue a combo, as all this transpires in under a second.

*Mind Blown*
---
Enthusiast of the Female Body
I draw anime....
#7JPshakePosted 2/10/2013 9:11:35 PM
Congrats on mastering it TC, it's definitely a must for dealing with gekkos quick and easy.
---
Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, Vita, Deluxe WiiU, and a custom built Alienware M17(big thanks to my boss for buying it for me as a birthday present!!)
#8Dominus_1Posted 2/10/2013 9:15:26 PM(edited)
Cymerian posted...
Dominus_1 posted...
SolidHaseo posted...

I'm talking about in a general sense from the definition. Like in fighting games where you can jump cancel out of moves, but you take that step further by buffering an attack into the jump cancel (like say in UMVC3 jump canceling dante's launcher or revolver into acid rain. But I know at least to get the double launcher move you have to jump cancel the launcher into a blade mode cancel..

edit: oh I see you're talking about cancelling the recovery of the dodge nvm
#9Chain_StrikePosted 2/10/2013 9:22:48 PM
Cymerian posted...
Dominus_1 posted...
SolidHaseo posted...

That is a lie.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#10IrishSJ23Posted 2/10/2013 9:49:06 PM
I need to work on figuring out when that brief invulnerability is because I get hit by the gekko leg when doing that forward dodge