Dat Dodge Cancel...

#41Zato InfinitePosted 2/13/2013 7:45:58 AM
This is seriously an awesome thread. I have been using it a lot and and it definitely adds to the combat- giving it a whole new way to open up the gekkos. I can get this out most of the time now but haven't quite mastered it yet.
#42Cymerian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:05:37 AM
Zato Infinite posted...
This is seriously an awesome thread. I have been using it a lot and and it definitely adds to the combat- giving it a whole new way to open up the gekkos. I can get this out most of the time now but haven't quite mastered it yet.

That's why I love this game. Every little thing you learn just makes combat that much more satisfying. I can't wait to take on the tougher enemies in the actual full game.
---
Fanboys: I want Tales of-
Excalibur: Fool! What right do you have to want a tales game? My legend dates back to the 12th century!
#43obliviondollPosted 2/13/2013 8:33:13 AM
Cymerian posted...
I wasn't referring to the combo meter. I meant the combo string. If you put too much time in between hits, your string drops, making it a lot less likely to stun enemies. With dodge cancel, it pretty much never happens (unless you mess up). As for the aiming problem, it's been tweaked in the finished product.

The combo meter and string are the same thing, and it doesn't break if you're fast enough with the stinger (or a slide for that matter), and you can stun the enemy just as quickly as with a dodge cancel. it's another "unless you mess up" scenario, basically.

Also, a quick ninja run into a jump, while slightly tougher to time and aim, can get you into range without breaking the combo string and gives you a nice chance to beat on the target's head instead of its feet, which seems to stun it easier (at least for me). The same result can be achieved with a mid-air heavy attack after jumping, but that seems to preferentially target weaker enemies when I do it, so unless the Gekko's the only enemy or you're using lock-on, I wouldn't recommend it.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#44devak108Posted 2/13/2013 8:54:24 AM
mogrock posted...
ikkicute posted...
A noob enters the room, and ask for a video, since you masters are using words that translates to this weak mind "they are talking about a dodge cancel using blade mode . . . nosebleeds"
So please show us a link to a video oh great people of the internetz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99vyCca5RRQ

That was helpful, thanks for posting.
---
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement."
#45Cymerian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:25:30 AM
obliviondoll posted...
Cymerian posted...
I wasn't referring to the combo meter. I meant the combo string. If you put too much time in between hits, your string drops, making it a lot less likely to stun enemies. With dodge cancel, it pretty much never happens (unless you mess up). As for the aiming problem, it's been tweaked in the finished product.

The combo meter and string are the same thing, and it doesn't break if you're fast enough with the stinger (or a slide for that matter), and you can stun the enemy just as quickly as with a dodge cancel. it's another "unless you mess up" scenario, basically.

Also, a quick ninja run into a jump, while slightly tougher to time and aim, can get you into range without breaking the combo string and gives you a nice chance to beat on the target's head instead of its feet, which seems to stun it easier (at least for me). The same result can be achieved with a mid-air heavy attack after jumping, but that seems to preferentially target weaker enemies when I do it, so unless the Gekko's the only enemy or you're using lock-on, I wouldn't recommend it.

All of that takes longer than the split second it takes to dodge cancel.
---
Excalibur: Fool! What right do you have to want a tales game? My legend dates back to the 12th century!
#46Cymerian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:12:13 PM
bumpity
---