I just called up GameStop to cancel my preorder. A 5 hour long HNS is pathetic.

#51TaKun782Posted 2/11/2013 4:03:55 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
JPshake posted...
MGRRevengeance posted...
You guys, Platinums games never end with a screen like that. That just looks poorly done. It's the end of the chapter and it has the current stats.

Are you sure? I haven't seen the pic yet but from what I've read is that it shows the guy completed it in 5 hours. So it took 5 hours to complete a mission? Or he could have been playing on the hardest difficulty?

Given that the guy died almost 60 times and had to return to the title screen 5 times (and all this was on Normal, by the way), I think it's safe to say, yes, it really took him over 5 hours to complete the first Act.

The average playthrough was cited to be about 2 hours per Act. Which would add up to 14 hours. Which 5.5 hours doesn't even come close to.

Then is thats the case....should i play this on easy if ill get my ass handed to me big time? I really want to enjoy the game a lot. But i dont want it to cause me to go mad.... >_<
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#52JayGood259OzPosted 2/11/2013 4:20:26 PM
Ill Prolly transfer my money to something else and rent this. The last2 games I played were assassins creed 3 and far cry 3, both over 50 hours for 1 play through. I expect a good single player game like god of war to be at least 12 to 15 hours. This is calling for 6 to 7 which is fine, just not worth 60 bucks
#53ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/11/2013 4:26:48 PM(edited)
Another kid crying that an action game isn't RPG lengthy standards.

Go play DmC. I hear it's the perfect garbage masterpiece you might enjoy yourself with, TC.

EDIT: Better yet go play FF13 as well. Wash yourself in some more trash.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#54DarkchocolateXPosted 2/11/2013 4:26:26 PM
Jep great, 6 pages of feeding a troll. Way to go people! Troll even made the same topic twice.
---
Play arts figure of Sunny with Kojima's head:
http://p.twimg.com/Av2aQqhCMAA6MjI.jpg
#55ResidentGear31Posted 2/11/2013 4:27:01 PM
Im keeping my preorder to sell the cyborg ninja dlc. That things gonna sell like hotcakes.
#56Devil_wings00Posted 2/11/2013 4:49:45 PM
since 5 hours campaigns for action games is SOOOOO uncommon right? lol oh wait
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#57TheFallensoulPosted 2/11/2013 5:07:58 PM
So, he died 59 times?
Let's assume that each death only set him back 3 minutes.
That means that of his 5 hour and 40 minutes play time, 1 hour and 58 minutes was spent replaying parts after he died.
That means the game would take only 3 hours and 38 minutes to beat if he didn't die.
And that's assuming each death only set him back 3 minutes, which I think is probably a low number.
Something about this doesn't add up.
#58BakuryukunPosted 2/11/2013 5:10:16 PM
Game Length should not be the most important time based game factor. Pacing is far more important. If a game is short, but well paced, then chances are it'll be a really memorable experience that you'll want to revisit several times.
#59MEFreak1984Posted 2/11/2013 5:10:54 PM
MGRRevengeance posted...
JPshake posted...
MGRRevengeance posted...
You guys, Platinums games never end with a screen like that. That just looks poorly done. It's the end of the chapter and it has the current stats.

Are you sure? I haven't seen the pic yet but from what I've read is that it shows the guy completed it in 5 hours. So it took 5 hours to complete a chapter? Or he could have been playing on the hardest difficulty?

It is possible that it just adds onto the time when each chapter finishes. That can be chapter 3 for all we know and it shows the stats throughout the 3 chapters combined.

I'm guessing that's the case, If I remember correctly, MGS$ did the same thing didn't it?
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#60wheepitupPosted 2/11/2013 5:13:51 PM(edited)
Relax guys, OP never had the game preordered to begin with. Not to mention I'm 95% positive you have to go in store to cancel a preorder.

---
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter