I just called up GameStop to cancel my preorder. A 5 hour long HNS is pathetic.

#61MEFreak1984Posted 2/11/2013 4:13:25 PM
JayGood259Oz posted...
Ill Prolly transfer my money to something else and rent this. The last2 games I played were assassins creed 3 and far cry 3, both over 50 hours for 1 play through. I expect a good single player game like god of war to be at least 12 to 15 hours. This is calling for 6 to 7 which is fine, just not worth 60 bucks

The thing is though... Far Cry 3 was garbage. After 10 minutes of hearing the same whiny protagonist, and the same pirate dialog 20 times, I almost wanted to play the game on Mute. I don't care if Jason becomes like Rambo in the end, I can't bear to hear him until then.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#62Dice_HazardPosted 2/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
Jerk!!!
---
PSN: Dice_Hazard
#63BillysanPosted 2/11/2013 4:15:25 PM
wheepitup posted...
Relax guys, OP never had the game preordered to begin with. Not to mention I'm 95% positive you have to go in store to cancel a preorder.

Yeah anytime something involves money/cerdit you have to be there in person.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#64KneelBeforeLokiPosted 2/11/2013 4:18:55 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
KneelBeforeLoki posted...
I feel like this is a stupid question, but what exactly is HNS?

Hack n' Slash. The particular sub-genre of action games this one falls under.

Oh, duh, lol. I knew what a hack n' slash was, but for some reason I thought that HNS stood for something that had to do with length. Thanks!
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Peace Walker), Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U), Red Steel 2, Kid Icarus Uprising
#65NightDrifter05Posted 2/11/2013 5:33:17 PM
So, I have to drive 35-40 minutes to get to my Gamestop and I've done it before to cancel pre-orders. After reading the OP's post I figured I'd give this a shot just to see what happen's and if I really could cancel or transfer to another game. Come to find out their policy is this, If the bare minimum pre-order amount is paid (normally $5) and it is paid in cash you CANNOT cancel over the phone nor can you transfer to another game. If it's paid in a debit card you still cannot cancel or transfer without being in person. So, to sum it up, no matter what you do you cannot authorize a transaction over the phone. You may be able to do it if you know someone but the guy I know working their (known him 3-4 years now) refused to do it for me as it's a offense that result's in termination.
#66kanto_wandererPosted 2/11/2013 5:42:08 PM
I don't know what this topic is referring to, but in my humble opinion, if you're soomeone so easily dissuaded into canceling a preorder over minor details, maybe you shouldn't preorder a game to begin with. I'm not saying that to criticize you, as I typically don't preorder games either unless I have no doubt in my mind that I want a game, and nothing would deter me from buying it. Maybe next time you're on the fence about something, you won't be as impulsive.
#67JoshelplexPosted 2/11/2013 9:54:03 PM
I dont know why this being short is such an issue when there is a ton of unlockables, a new game + mode and extra difficulties.
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN: Joshelplex
#68RichterB17Posted 2/11/2013 10:21:12 PM
MEFreak1984 posted...
JayGood259Oz posted...
Ill Prolly transfer my money to something else and rent this. The last2 games I played were assassins creed 3 and far cry 3, both over 50 hours for 1 play through. I expect a good single player game like god of war to be at least 12 to 15 hours. This is calling for 6 to 7 which is fine, just not worth 60 bucks

The thing is though... Far Cry 3 was garbage. After 10 minutes of hearing the same whiny protagonist, and the same pirate dialog 20 times, I almost wanted to play the game on Mute. I don't care if Jason becomes like Rambo in the end, I can't bear to hear him until then.

Far Cry 3 was garbage and I couldn't bare to play Assassin's Creed for more than 7 hours. Both games are overrated and boring as hell. I've noticed that it's the shorter games that I always come back to replay again and again in my life because those games usually have a better and more focused experience that doesn't wear out it's welcome.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#69RagirothPosted 2/11/2013 10:32:30 PM
MEFreak1984 posted...
MGRRevengeance posted...
JPshake posted...
MGRRevengeance posted...
You guys, Platinums games never end with a screen like that. That just looks poorly done. It's the end of the chapter and it has the current stats.

Are you sure? I haven't seen the pic yet but from what I've read is that it shows the guy completed it in 5 hours. So it took 5 hours to complete a chapter? Or he could have been playing on the hardest difficulty?

It is possible that it just adds onto the time when each chapter finishes. That can be chapter 3 for all we know and it shows the stats throughout the 3 chapters combined.

I'm guessing that's the case, If I remember correctly, MGS$ did the same thing didn't it?

I don't exactly remember if MGS did it, but I was thinking that could be a possibility. It could be "here's your time so far" kind of thing, and that could be near the end of the game but not THEE end of the game, since Sundowner is probably a late boss but not the last boss.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#70DarkchocolateXPosted 2/15/2013 6:32:40 AM
DullahansXMark posted...
I feel like this is a stupid question, but what exactly is HNS?

Hack n' Slash. The particular sub-genre of action games this one falls under.

Oh, duh, lol. I knew what a hack n' slash was, but for some reason I thought that HNS stood for something that had to do with length. Thanks!

lolwut..