Something I noticed from the demo

#1nelrod82Posted 2/16/2013 9:58:55 AM
The 360 version of the demo have more crispier and detailed sounds. I've played both versions and gameplay wise, this is the only difference I noticed. Someone with both consoles can confirm this? Also, would be the same on the final product? Because I already reserved the PS3 version.
#2FOXSOLIDPosted 2/16/2013 10:00:53 AM
lol Completely impossible, everything is compressed on the 360 whereas its not at all compressed on PS3.
---
Gamefaqs T-shirt? I wouldn't wipe my ass with one let alone wear one.
#3sworderPosted 2/16/2013 10:01:41 AM
No, PS3 version is factually better. The file is twice as big
#4obliviondollPosted 2/16/2013 10:14:36 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
lol Completely impossible, everything is compressed on the 360 whereas its not at all compressed on PS3.

If the video wasn't compressed at all, you'd need almost 100MB per FRAME of footage. Running at 60fps, that means you need about 0.5GB per second for the video portion of the game's cutscenes.

If that's true, the demo (less than 3.5GB) has less than 7 seconds of cutscenes.

And that's assuming the entire content of the demo is a single silent cutscene.

Pretty sure the PS3 uses compression. Not as harsh as the compression required in the 360 version though, because PS3 has a whole Blu-Ray to play with and the XBox is limited to DVD.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#5SmackpwnPosted 2/16/2013 10:39:39 AM
like bayonetta, skyrim, etc MGR will be better on the 360

its the only reason its coming to 360, cause its so easy a college student can program on it
#6FOXSOLIDPosted 2/16/2013 11:27:33 AM
Smackpwn posted...

its the only reason its coming to 360, cause its so easy a college student can program on it

lol No it won't, just like Vanquish, MGR will be better on the PS3. Bayonetta wasn't even made by PG on the PS3. Get your facts straight and don't spread stupidity.

Also to Oblivion, the game is 19 gb on the PS3 and whether or not its slightly compressed....its still impossible for the 360 version to have better sound.
---
#7obliviondollPosted 2/16/2013 11:37:44 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Smackpwn posted...

lol No it won't, just like Vanquish, MGR will be better on the PS3. Bayonetta wasn't even made by PG on the PS3. Get your facts straight and don't spread stupidity.

Also to Oblivion, the game is 19 gb on the PS3 and whether or not its slightly compressed....its still impossible for the 360 version to have better sound.

19GB wouldn't even give you 40 seconds of truly uncompressed video. And that's still without accounting for the actual game, or sound. But I already mentioned that the compression rate on the XBox 360 version has to be higher because it has less data storage to work with. To match the quality of the PS3 version, they'd need to spread the game across multiple discs.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#8FOXSOLIDPosted 2/16/2013 11:54:16 AM
obliviondoll posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Smackpwn posted...

19GB wouldn't even give you 40 seconds of truly uncompressed video. And that's still without accounting for the actual game, or sound. But I already mentioned that the compression rate on the XBox 360 version has to be higher because it has less data storage to work with. To match the quality of the PS3 version, they'd need to spread the game across multiple discs.

You're still agreeing in the end that the PS3 version has better sound quality.
---
#9EduardoESRPosted 2/16/2013 2:41:17 PM
Aren't most multi platform games made first for 360 with then a quick port to PS3? Quite a few of those games are actually better on 360 and they tend to be less compressed on the PS3 version, just compare sizes.
#10Windmaster715Posted 2/16/2013 2:45:29 PM
EduardoESR posted...
Aren't most multi platform games made first for 360 with then a quick port to PS3? Quite a few of those games are actually better on 360 and they tend to be less compressed on the PS3 version, just compare sizes.

PG developed MGR on the PS3 like Vanquish. Porting to the 360 is surprisingly easier than vice versa

Bayonetta was never intended to be on PS3 at the start. SEGA did a crappy port at the last minute
---
Ignore my typos