The thing i hate the most [no spoilers]

#1al3azmiPosted 2/17/2013 4:46:39 AM
The thing i hate the most in this game so far "i've been playing for an hour" is the voice acting, its just horrible i want the japanese voices after hearing the them on youtube via a trailer :/

anyone else agree's?
---
Psn-Battler624 Psn2-alazmi906
Low class warrior with the power of millions of super Elite
#2produnerPosted 2/17/2013 4:49:35 AM
The voice japanese voice acting for this game feels weird because of the names and foreign terminology, places...etc.
#3al3azmi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:52:26 AM
^^ just see this, way better than the english voices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4k7bmOJASg
---
Psn-Battler624 Psn2-alazmi906
Low class warrior with the power of millions of super Elite
#4vgman94Posted 2/17/2013 5:00:25 AM
I'll never understand how weeaboos exist. How can one prefer hearing a language that is not their own? I mean if one spoke Japanese and English was their first language and preferred Japanese, I'd understand. But most weeaboos don't know a single sentence of Japanese. It's not like the English voice acting is silly or gibberish.
#5sethharris1191Posted 2/17/2013 5:04:40 AM
vgman94 posted...
I'll never understand how weeaboos exist. How can one prefer hearing a language that is not their own? I mean if one spoke Japanese and English was their first language and preferred Japanese, I'd understand. But most weeaboos don't know a single sentence of Japanese. It's not like the English voice acting is silly or gibberish.

Not only do they want games to be spoken in Japanese, but most of them don't even want anyone to have an English option. The dialog could be complete gibberish, but they're happy as long as it has an "authentic feel."
#6Agent_XoaPosted 2/17/2013 5:07:17 AM
I don't understand how people can still miss-use the term weeaboo.

If I like a Japanese voice, or cartoon, I'm a weeaboo. But if I like a Japanese game, TV show or movie I'm not?
---
"Patience is the darkest side of power."
#7vgman94Posted 2/17/2013 5:07:17 AM
sethharris1191 posted...
vgman94 posted...

Not only do they want games to be spoken in Japanese, but most of them don't even want anyone to have an English option. The dialog could be complete gibberish, but they're happy as long as it has an "authentic feel."

So true.
#8produnerPosted 2/17/2013 5:10:20 AM(edited)
vgman94 posted...

Save the crap for your self and this is not the first time that you've started bashing people.
Japan has a lot of great voice actors that put a lot of emotions and they have high tech for voice acting, that is a fact, and the popularity of anime and other forms of multimedia helped in developing that. However, there is a problem for any type of voice acting, japanese or not, that is foreign language names, terms and pronunciation in japanese and other languages.

In MGR this problem^ and the voice acting lacked impact and emotions during cutscenes, and kinda felt generic. MGR could have got better voice actors, japanese and english ones.
#9istuffedsunnyPosted 2/17/2013 5:43:14 AM
The English track is pretty bad and I didn't like the westernized translation either. You can actually enable Japanese subtitles on all versions of the game and see for yourself assuming you're not a weeaboo. Still waiting on the JP version to release even though I'm sure P+ didn't bother syncing the lips to it, same as their other games.
---
I have a radio in my car.
#10KyerofoxPosted 2/17/2013 5:46:57 AM
vgman94 posted...

The ACTUAL problem with Weeaboo's is that they THINK the japanese is better, yet since they know not even a lick of japanese they wouldn't know if it is better or worse.

Anyway the voice acting is top notch, maybe not sunny but everyone else is amazing. especially the side characters.
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.