Remember when we all hated raiden?

#61Yosh05Posted 2/18/2013 1:17:52 PM
Girgante posted...
I never hated Raiden, and I never understood why people hated him either. >_>;;

+1
#62Omega_Zero_XPPosted 2/18/2013 1:25:32 PM
TheGrandFinale posted...
I want a Rising unlockable that basically allows replay of MGS2 Plant chapter but with JtR-cyborg ninja Raiden. Just...slicing dudes in half.

Fortune deflects bullets? CUT! Fatman skates around? CUT! Need to get into the hostage room? CUT THE DOOR! You must find Ames? CUT! Solidus has a chopper? CUT! Metal Gear Ray? CUT THAT SUCKER! Cut them pigeons in half and when Rose calls you and say she'll refuse to save your game, there's a freaking cutscene in her HQ room and suddendly goddamn Raiden drops from the CUT THE HELL UP ceiling, giggles like a madman and CUT! Oh look, Snake in a box? CUT! Vamp can walk on water? NOT WITHOUT LEGS! CUT! CUT! CUT!

Cut everything.

I wish I could freaking sig this. This made my day a whole lot better.
---
Haku: You're going down, boy.
Naoto: What's with this girl?
#63Yargitsu99zPosted 2/18/2013 1:29:34 PM
I liked MGS2 right away.
---
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]
P.o.I.: you may know me as; "Zanzibar Man", "----824", or "Sam Yargo".
#64Parad0x_Zer0Posted 2/18/2013 1:58:38 PM
Omega_Zero_XP posted...
TheGrandFinale posted...
I want a Rising unlockable that basically allows replay of MGS2 Plant chapter but with JtR-cyborg ninja Raiden. Just...slicing dudes in half.

Fortune deflects bullets? CUT! Fatman skates around? CUT! Need to get into the hostage room? CUT THE DOOR! You must find Ames? CUT! Solidus has a chopper? CUT! Metal Gear Ray? CUT THAT SUCKER! Cut them pigeons in half and when Rose calls you and say she'll refuse to save your game, there's a freaking cutscene in her HQ room and suddendly goddamn Raiden drops from the CUT THE HELL UP ceiling, giggles like a madman and CUT! Oh look, Snake in a box? CUT! Vamp can walk on water? NOT WITHOUT LEGS! CUT! CUT! CUT!

Cut everything.

I wish I could freaking sig this. This made my day a whole lot better.

---
"People will think of Frankenstein and they will say 'I can't believe it's not butter.' "
#65todd_360Posted 2/18/2013 1:58:58 PM
I liked Raiden well enough from the get go (although to be fair at the time I just saw him as an awesome ninja stand in and went nuts when he got the sword) but even when I matured a bit I still did because he is quite a tragic and complex character. What I didn't like was his interactions with Rose. They were just tedious and annoying. But that was more to do with her character than his. Raiden had every right to be what people called "whiny" considering the hell he went through in his early life but all Rose did every call was turn the conversation into a soap opera.
---
PSN ID: todd360
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale, LOTR: Guardians of Middle Earth
#66smithkakarotPosted 2/18/2013 1:59:31 PM
I never hated Raiden...and I actually played MGS1 first, too.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#67Mandrew257Posted 2/18/2013 2:02:19 PM
I never hated Raiden, he was a good character, plus he had a great story.
#68extremity21Posted 2/18/2013 2:05:02 PM
I liked him well enough on his own. My biggest gripe is the drivel you had to go through talking to Rose. His voice also made it hard to listen to more than once.

Even his appearance in 4 made me cringe because of his voice actor. Even though the part is meant to be slightly more adrogynous than Snake, he had this weird thing that just annoyed me.

I don't mind it as much in Revengeance. Likely due to the "Batman" thing he seems to be doing.
---
PSN/XBLA: izzy_izumi
#69flairePosted 2/18/2013 2:10:03 PM
Eureka_Seven_RL posted...
sdawewq posted...
I hated him sooo much....

Then out of the blue he turned into a killer cyborg that could snap Snake in half. Can you blame us?!

Lol so true

Cyborg ninja is a guaranteed way to make a character popular
---
So many games......So little time.......
#70NorkenPosted 2/18/2013 2:12:29 PM
parthos566 posted...
People hated him because Kojima danm near pulled a DmC with MGS2. I have always like him though maybe even more then Snake. I just like to play the badass in games and when you saw Raiden's fmv's in MGS4 who didn't want that. Also I have always wanted to use the HF Blade in MGS games for a whole play through. Idk why Konami never added a HF Blade only play through mode to the HD Collection it would have been a good idea.

I always liked him. Even in MGS2. What really irked me about MGS2 is Snake breaking my hard earned Stealth camo!!!!!!!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
Romans 14:8