Some harsh reviews for this one.

#1SHMYazooPosted 2/19/2013 2:27:11 AM
Playstation Official Magazine UK

"Sadly, the combat doesn’t have enough depth to trouble the genre’s best (it certainly can’t touch Ninja Theory’s DmC reboot), and there’s a disappointing disposability about the whole experience. This is a project that has been rightfully and respectably salvaged, but one that can’t quite cut it at the top."

Penny Arcade
"Another downer: Revengeance is short. Ridiculously short. You get a special mention at the end if you beat the game in under eight hours, but on Normal difficulty with several deaths and retries, I clocked in at just over three and a half. This is a game that can be beaten in a single afternoon."

Joystiq
"The metronome of action, bouncing between hurried assault and the deliberate cutting of Zandatsu, is mesmerizing enough to sustain an entire game. The effort overall, however, including the pacing, acting, camera and level of polish, feels out of step with the rest of Platinum's output, not only within Revengeance itself but in the developer's other works like Vanquish and Bayonetta."

And I thought Gamespot would give the lowest score but it was one of the very few that rated it higher than DmC. Surprising. Another surprising thing is that I made the topic saying how the Official Playstation Magazine UK gave it a 70 and people got the topic down saying it was "trolling". Really? Saying that a magazine gave a certain score that's bellow what fans want it to be, while no one was talking about it since it was extremely fresh news, is now trolling?

Remember, reviews are subjective. Start reading them like that, someone else's opinion. Unless you think only Gamespot and a very few others are on Konami's payroll.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#2ezio899Posted 2/19/2013 2:34:03 AM
i wouldn't be shocked if capcom paid for that but then again why do people depend on OTHER peoples opinions on games? you must be really co dependent if you can't decide if you want to play a game on your own
---
PSN:EmoKitten4
XBL:EmoKitten2
#3LeatherFace29Posted 2/19/2013 2:39:28 AM
Now i'm really concerned. I didn't enjoy the demo one bit and I was already thinking that this game will not be as good as DmC. Well guess I'll find out for myself in a few hours. If I like it then cool but if I don't, I'll be waiting for Bayonetta 2.
---
PSN: thasiccness92
#4nova_pulsePosted 2/19/2013 2:43:44 AM
the general consensus from reviews and gamers about MGR is that it is fun but not without it's flaws.
It's not the over hyped H&S game everyone was expecting...but it's still good.not great
Platinum could do better though and i bet if they make a sequel they will
#5gamestar9999Posted 2/19/2013 2:44:50 AM
Sadly, the combat doesn’t have enough depth to trouble the genre’s best (it certainly can’t touch Ninja Theory’s DmC reboot),

any1 who would say that losses all credibility. which is y your first topic failed, and why you didnt need to make another......
#6TheGrandFinalePosted 2/19/2013 2:50:42 AM(edited)
So these don't count?

Gamespot 8.5
IGN 8.5
Joystiq 8 (wow so negative TC)
Destructoid 9
Giant Bomb 8
Gametrailers 9.2
NZGamer 9.7
Euromamer 9
Polygon 9
EGM 8
Gamesradar 8
Digitalchumps 8,8

---
GT- F0rneus / Nintendo Network - F0rneus / PSN -Helphinx / Steam- Chern0bog / 3DS FC: 4425-1553-4029
#7IamthekuzalolPosted 2/19/2013 2:47:51 AM
gamestar9999 posted...
Sadly, the combat doesn’t have enough depth to trouble the genre’s best (it certainly can’t touch Ninja Theory’s DmC reboot),

any1 who would say that losses all credibility. which is y your first topic failed, and why you didnt need to make another......

This, i am fine with negative review, but you are stupid and naive if you think that article wasn't purposely skewed in favor of DmC.
#8megaultrarice34Posted 2/19/2013 2:48:04 AM
Ninja Theory is a UK company lol.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#9happychappy654Posted 2/19/2013 2:56:12 AM
Why do people lend more weight to negative reviews? There are as many glaringly positive reviews. No matter what the game is there are always people and reviews who will dislike it. Look at COD, every website praises the game year after year as though its the second coming.

Don't rely only on people who get paid to write an entirely subjective article about entertainment. Read a few positive and negative ones for a general idea, but if you're dependant on reviews you'd miss some. amazing games
#10ZTS_vs_DeckPosted 2/19/2013 3:00:18 AM
Playstatuon Life Style gave the game a 3/10.
Check out their review

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/19/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-review-ps3/
---
"If I could use one word to describe you it is Tactless."