I hope this game is the success that Platinum deserves.

#21DarkstaPosted 2/19/2013 8:38:10 PM
Quote:what most of you are forgetting, is bayonetta didnt have a high budget. it didnt need high sals figures to make a profit as the case with all of platinums games. it did actually make money.

hence why nintendo sees so much potential that it wants to finance the developement of bayonetta 2.

this is why PG is one of the best studios around. they are talented and know how to keep costs low. they dont need a maga budget to make a game look and feel like a mega budget game.

@GigerSupreme
So the game was made on a cheap budget.

It didn't sell well. How much a game costs doesn't change that fact. I 100% agree with the other poster they the success of this game will be because of its name. It's like Final Fantasy. Even if the game sucks people will still buy it to give it a chance because of final fantasy in the title.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#22phineasfoolPosted 2/19/2013 8:47:22 PM
Darksta posted...
Quote:what most of you are forgetting, is bayonetta didnt have a high budget. it didnt need high sals figures to make a profit as the case with all of platinums games. it did actually make money.

hence why nintendo sees so much potential that it wants to finance the developement of bayonetta 2.

this is why PG is one of the best studios around. they are talented and know how to keep costs low. they dont need a maga budget to make a game look and feel like a mega budget game.

@GigerSupreme

It didn't sell well. How much a game costs doesn't change that fact. I 100% agree with the other poster they the success of this game will be because of its name. It's like Final Fantasy. Even if the game sucks people will still buy it to give it a chance because of final fantasy in the title.

Actually that does change the fact. A game that costs less to make can be considered selling well if it makes a profit for the company. It doesn't matter how many copies a game sells if it loses the company money.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool
#23DarkstaPosted 2/19/2013 8:53:47 PM
Quote:Darksta posted...

@GigerSupreme

Actually that does change the fact. A game that costs less to make can be considered selling well if it makes a profit for the company. It doesn't matter how many copies a game sells if it loses the company money.

@phineasfool

It didn't sell many copies.

That means people weren't interested in buying it.

A movie can be made cheaply and make some money in the theaters, but if it has poor show ups then it probably won't warrant a sequel.

Or let's put it this way.

Say I make a damn good hamburger for cheap, but my shop is in a bad spot and so not many people come to buy them. I may have a small profit per hamburger. But if I'm not getting enough total sales and I don't change my location, I probably won't do that we'll.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.