About Jetstream Sam *spoilers*

#1LeBronHendrixPosted 2/20/2013 9:16:54 PM
Am I the only one kinda bothered that he ended up being mostly human? Makes Raiden look kinda weak since he needed to be upgraded MORE to beat him.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/jjo2s6.jpg
#TEAMGOVERNOR
#2NobunagaPosted 2/20/2013 9:17:48 PM
I felt the same..I said"..what a BADASS!!" lol
---
www.myspace.com/bumeo
#3malicemizerfanPosted 2/20/2013 9:21:46 PM
I felt bad about killing him. he had all that skill, and in the end he got killed by someone with less skill, but better tech.

and just got it: classical PvP gear vs. skill scenario. in most games with it, it doesn't matter how much skill you have if the other guy has the almighty sword of skull-****ery. all your time spent practicing, honing your skills to the point where you can take down entire groups of people alone with shock-and-awe tactics, means nothing in the face of this one guy who simply has the better stuff.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#4armand6Posted 2/20/2013 9:23:42 PM(edited)
just goes to show just because your better equipped doesn't mean you don't need technique

Edit: though sam still gave raiden a run for his money in the end
#5TalkstoHimselfPosted 2/20/2013 9:25:26 PM
Well he did favor his cyber arm when fighting against you, and I can't help but wonder if his suit was a cyber ninja suit as well. Either way the guy was badass.
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#6ZegimaPosted 2/20/2013 9:26:07 PM
There is also the case where Sam was actually trying to get Raiden to become stronger without him knowing until Raiden inherited his sword.
---
Death's Embrace Awaits, are you frighten?
#7DullahansXMarkPosted 2/20/2013 9:26:17 PM
I think his arm was cyborg. Minus some smaller parts, I believe that was about it. Which of course means that his superiority over Raiden is legitimate, not just because he's a superior model cyborg.

I think that really meant something, though. When I realized that he was mostly human... my heart sunk. And I think Raiden's did, too. Up until then he (Raiden) was just killing cyborgs and one particularly psychotic human that totally deserved it. Sam... I didn't know what to think of him. I still don't. Why did I have to fight him? Was it really necessary? That realization that he was mostly human triggered those thoughts in my mind. If he was actually a cyborg, I don't know if I would've felt the same.
#8malicemizerfanPosted 2/20/2013 9:30:09 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
I think his arm was cyborg. Minus some smaller parts, I believe that was about it. Which of course means that his superiority over Raiden is legitimate, not just because he's a superior model cyborg.

I think that really meant something, though. When I realized that he was mostly human... my heart sunk. And I think Raiden's did, too. Up until then he (Raiden) was just killing cyborgs and one particularly psychotic human that totally deserved it. Sam... I didn't know what to think of him. I still don't. Why did I have to fight him? Was it really necessary? That realization that he was mostly human triggered those thoughts in my mind. If he was actually a cyborg, I don't know if I would've felt the same.

well, it was revealed to all be part of sam's plan, he wanted to see if raiden was the stronger one, and therefore had the better chance of stopping armstrong he knew that this might be his last battle, and took steps to keep fighting, even by proxy. I can admire that, facing down one's own demise and taking it in stride.

I might die. But I won't lose.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#9krono069Posted 2/20/2013 9:31:09 PM
Yeah, Sam was something special. A mentor, if you will.
__
---
"I may lead you astray every now and then, but I'm always a safe bet." ~Mat Cauthon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#10chaosflame108Posted 2/20/2013 9:38:39 PM
Sam's Arm, and Legs had cyborg enhancements, i wouldn't say he was that outdated techwise.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!