About Jetstream Sam *spoilers*

#11StriderTunaPosted 2/20/2013 10:49:26 PM
in terms of swords, Sam had the superior weapon, though it could be argued that Raiden's body at the start wasn't made for dealing with someone like Sam.

Still finding out he was mostly human made me go "whoa, what a badass" and there was a bit of a tragic feeling about it.
---
Claims List is in quote."Let's just take it easy and agree to disagree when it's debatable, not when facts are involved.." - Me
#12SAO_SouthernerPosted 2/20/2013 10:54:01 PM
He still had SOME cybernetic parts and some kind of suit to make him a bit better. I'd find it hard to believe he didn't have some decent enhancements considering this is the Metal Gear world, and normal humans aren't that capable. I think Raiden beating him had less to do with Raiden's new tech and more to due with Raiden finally accepting that he enjoyed killing and quit using his sword as a tool. He says as much in a codec conversation during the fight.
---
Want to watch a fat redneck do stupid crap? I do it for free. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zTheJ1EQw
#13malicemizerfanPosted 2/20/2013 10:59:06 PM
SAO_Southerner posted...
He still had SOME cybernetic parts and some kind of suit to make him a bit better. I'd find it hard to believe he didn't have some decent enhancements considering this is the Metal Gear world, and normal humans aren't that capable. I think Raiden beating him had less to do with Raiden's new tech and more to due with Raiden finally accepting that he enjoyed killing and quit using his sword as a tool. He says as much in a codec conversation during the fight.

all his enhancements were to his right arm and legs. everything else was just down to him being a better swordsman. he killed 10 mafia enforcers equipped with automatic weapons, with just the sword, before it became a HF blade, and before he was a cyborg.

if they had the same level of tech behind them, raiden would never have stood a chance.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#14obliviondollPosted 2/20/2013 11:10:25 PM
In their first encounter, Sam mentions that Raiden is "self-taught" which implies that he's had professional training himself. Later in the game, it's mentioned that Sam inherited his sword from his father which hints at the possibility that he spent his entire life being trained in swordsmanship.

There are advantages to proper technique that can give a well-trained swordsman an edge even against someone who's physically faster and stronger than himself. Sam's been set up to have those advantages over Raiden.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#15GundamBansheeFAPosted 2/20/2013 11:16:20 PM
Its because raiden had a bigger manhood made of steel
I bet his testosterone level is off the charts and when he gets off machine oil comes out.
#16orion0509Posted 2/20/2013 11:18:01 PM
*Mild Spoilers*

Kevin tells Raiden fairly early in the game in a convo that Sam was trained in a unique sword style at a dojo where his father was the master.
---
"IMMAH CHARGIN MAH ARROWS!!" - Arrowlad
Gamertag: orionace1
#17malicemizerfanPosted 2/20/2013 11:20:38 PM
orion0509 posted...
*Mild Spoilers*

Kevin tells Raiden fairly early in the game in a convo that Sam was trained in a unique sword style at a dojo where his father was the master.

*more spoilers*

Sam killed 10 mafia enforcers with that sword, before it was upgraded to a HF blade, and before he was a cyborg. They were all armed with automatic weapons.

He's a legitimate badass, and I still feel bad for killing him.
---
If you can see me smiling, you've already died. If I'm laughing, you might have a chance. If I'm quiet, I'm planning on how to get back to smiling.
#18DifferentialEquationPosted 2/20/2013 11:27:53 PM
So we don't really know the extent to which Sam's body has been replaced? I kind of got the impression that he was wearing just an exoskeleton with perhaps implants to interface with the suit and improve his reflexes.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#19malicemizerfanPosted 2/20/2013 11:31:27 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
So we don't really know the extent to which Sam's body has been replaced? I kind of got the impression that he was wearing just an exoskeleton with perhaps implants to interface with the suit and improve his reflexes.

judging by renders, his right arm is definitely modified, but everything else might be standard, you can actually see where the cybernetics are attached to his shoulder.
---
#20SAO_SouthernerPosted 2/20/2013 11:31:52 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
SAO_Southerner posted...

all his enhancements were to his right arm and legs. everything else was just down to him being a better swordsman. he killed 10 mafia enforcers equipped with automatic weapons, with just the sword, before it became a HF blade, and before he was a cyborg.

if they had the same level of tech behind them, raiden would never have stood a chance.

I think you're missing how Raiden evolved as a character with his full potential after realizing he was still Jack, and that he DID enjoy killing. Sam alludes to this even in the first fight at the beginning of the game. He says he's skilled, but he lacks "something."
---
Want to watch a fat redneck do stupid crap? I do it for free. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zTheJ1EQw