Is Snake still alive(ovious spoilers)

#41Legendary_MusasPosted 2/22/2013 3:11:47 PM
He could become a Cyborg I guess but I really doubt Snake would go for it. To himself he is a relic, he will live the rest of his days in a way he never expected, in peace.

Raiden is the new Hero and times have moved on, Snake would be way outclassed now that Cyborgs are the norm.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#42_Shuyin_Posted 2/23/2013 10:19:50 AM
Snake had six months left after MGS4. MGR takes place three years after MGS4. Do the math.
---
"At times we must purge things from this world because they should not exist. Even if it means losing someone that you love"
~ Deadly Premonition
#43atk2009Posted 2/23/2013 11:13:33 AM
_Shuyin_ posted...
Snake had six months left after MGS4. MGR takes place three years after MGS4. Do the math.

You didn't read any of these messages did you?
---
Proud collector of all collectibles without the use of a guide in: Assassin's Creed 1, AC2, AC:B, AC:R, AC3, Crackdown, inFamous1&2
XBL & PSN: tkarenko
#44Bancario51Posted 2/23/2013 11:36:43 AM
maybe snakes soul was put into blade wolf!?!
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#45Hermit_TPosted 2/23/2013 6:20:45 PM
Raiden say he kill me if he knows that Im talking about him in present so he is alive.
Deal with it.
#46AshernedPosted 2/23/2013 7:52:20 PM
NettoSaito posted...
He's talked about in both past and present tense like others are saying here, so really it's hard to tell. Apparently Snake is going to be the main character of MGS5 (and he's seen with some new girl), but that really doesn't mean anything. They game could take place before 4, or even before 2 or 1. Heck could even take place before MG.

Or it could even take place in the six month he has left to live time period after MGS4. So yeah.
#47XFactor1Posted 2/23/2013 8:05:18 PM
Here are the codec conversations about Solid Snake and Rose from early in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGEmkymYLis

I haven't gotten far into the game but these are the conversations most people seem to miss.
---
--
#48eric_otnessPosted 2/27/2013 1:19:09 PM
XFactor1 posted...
Here are the codec conversations about Solid Snake and Rose from early in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGEmkymYLis

I haven't gotten far into the game but these are the conversations most people seem to miss.

Probably unnecessary, but might as well point it out anyways as TVTropes takes the grammar tense used to indicate that Snake's alive:

Just because Raiden referred to Snake in the present tense doesn't mean Snake's alive. Don't forget, in Peace Walker, Big Boss referred to a guy he just jabbed with the stun rod in the past tense nearing the end of the prologue, even though it's obvious the guy survived (It had 2 million volts on the thing, which was stated explicitly in-game to only be powerful enough to knock someone out cold, not kill them).