is this game canon?

#1trevorteterPosted 2/21/2013 1:23:24 PM
Topic
---
"Estuans interius ira vehementi estuans interius ira vehementi Sephiroth! Sephiroth!"
#2XdieXPosted 2/21/2013 1:24:08 PM
yep it takes place 4 yrs after MGS4. Its also a spin off so yeah
---
PSN: I_HATE_EVERYONE1
http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c <--- haha
#3DarkKirby2500Posted 2/21/2013 1:24:09 PM
What gave you the idea it wasn't?
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/21/2013 1:25:43 PM
Yes, it's a canon spin off.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5FrunDeatt66Posted 2/21/2013 1:25:44 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
What gave you the idea it wasn't?

I remember hearing this game wasn't canon, back when it was first announced. If you go back on the boards, you'll see a bunch of posts about it. Has this game been confirmed canon?
---
"After I die, you can eat my brain. It will give you power." -Duke Phillips
psnprofiles.com/FrunDeatt66
#6Gobstoppers12Posted 2/21/2013 1:52:56 PM
It can be considered an alternate universe, but one that maintains the continuity of the main plot. It has a lot of issues with it, such as "Why is Raiden working with a PMC after he promised Rose he would never leave her again?" but if you consider it a reworking of the character that keeps familiar elements while discarding the development he went through during MGS4, it still makes enough sense to be canon in its own continuity.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#7The_Ivory_ManPosted 2/21/2013 1:54:01 PM
Gobstoppers12 posted...
It can be considered an alternate universe, but one that maintains the continuity of the main plot. It has a lot of issues with it, such as "Why is Raiden working with a PMC after he promised Rose he would never leave her again?" but if you consider it a reworking of the character that keeps familiar elements while discarding the development he went through during MGS4, it still makes enough sense to be canon in its own continuity.

...But it's been confirmed canon by Kojima pro.
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#8rice_noodlesPosted 2/21/2013 2:08:40 PM
FrunDeatt66 posted...
If you go back on the boards, you'll see a bunch of posts about it.

Yeah, a bunch of posts about it... from the same guy.

And yes it has been confirmed to be canon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7BTtiAQuZ0
#9LukeStrife5Posted 2/21/2013 2:39:22 PM
Gobstoppers12 posted...

Or you could pay attention to the cutscenes and codecs where Raiden says he tried to give it up but he couldn't (the whole point of the Jack the Ripper persona) and he tried to use his combat lust as a sense of honor / doing the right thing.

Game is completely canon. It's not an alternate universe at all.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#10mgsmasterofitPosted 2/21/2013 3:08:02 PM
The game isnt canon. It uses the setting and background of the previous MGS games but thats it. it is more or less an alternate universe sort of like AC!D was. Kojima himself said the game wasnt canon and just a spinoff. on his twitter he stated its not a MGS game and just uses the setting of 4 years after 4. Keep in mind when people say "this means its not a SOLID game so its still canon" It would be pointless for kojima to state this because anyone that can read the game title will notice that Solid isnt in the title. This is Kojimas way of saying that it isnt canon. Its just a spin off, nothing more.