I like this game but I still think pre-platinum Rising looks better.

#1Eureka_Seven_RLPosted 2/22/2013 11:48:49 AM
I mean look at the original E3 footage;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtM3PGyiQUc

Dynamic lighting, every cut being in a constant Jack the Ripper mode, The collapsing ceiling(What's the point of it now btw? It never hurts anyone and if they're above they just pop down.), and even down to the details in the van being cut; the window breaks and shatters independently from the cut of the sword.

Would have been better if Kojima had the balls to keep his crew from arguing.
---
PSN: crow-sama
http://psnprofiles.com/crow-sama
#2HiroshidaPosted 2/22/2013 11:53:02 AM
His team was stuck in a rut. He had wanted to scrap Rising, but decided to pass it to P.Games and he was pleased with what they were able to deliver.

If P.Games didn't get pulled in by Kojima to handle the game, the game wouldn't have even seen the light of the day.
#3Grey_Fox4Posted 2/22/2013 11:54:46 AM
I do too to an extent but I thought killing everything in one hit would remove the challenge from the game and it does. Fox Blade is perma Jack The Ripper and then some and it makes the game super easy, I'm terrible right now and Very Hard mode isn't causing me any problems.
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#4FulvipPosted 2/22/2013 11:56:10 AM
It's running on MGS4's engine, of course it looks great. But if it wasn't for P* we wouldn't have anything.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#5DRS32123Posted 2/22/2013 11:56:10 AM
I agree with you, that does look better, but it looks like it would be tough to make the game difficult, being able to slice through everything, and all.
---
Currently Playing: ZombiU, Farcry 3, PSASBR, Scribblenauts U
PSN: Midgetman32123 Gamertag: Immaprinnydood
#6crazyswordsPosted 2/22/2013 12:00:45 PM
I'd rather have a game than a tech demo.
---
When you walk through the garden, you better watch your back.
#7MitsumanicPosted 2/22/2013 12:02:13 PM
That game never would have been made. For censorship reasons, technological, etc. . .

Be glad we have this awesome game.
#8chukkyjrPosted 2/22/2013 12:08:46 PM
iirc with the downgraded graphics now a lot of ppl have said their ps3 has been pushed onto their limits, i guess we have to be quite happy with what we got now
#9ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/22/2013 12:14:05 PM
Oh...a tech demo running on a PC looked better?
#10ImMrMojoRisinPosted 2/22/2013 12:20:13 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Oh...a tech demo running on a PC looked better?

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?