I like this game but I still think pre-platinum Rising looks better.

#11Omnipot3ntPosted 2/22/2013 12:25:37 PM
Would have never been as awesome as it is now though. Platinum Games has the golden touch when it comes to action games. No way it would have had gameplay half as good as it does now.
#12xxchosterxxPosted 2/22/2013 12:36:46 PM
i was blown away with that e3 presentation, i almost beat MGR and i think is a good game, just that, i played a lot of better hack and slashes (yes DmC included.), i find the story very very bad in my opinion.
#13TerrorriskXPosted 2/22/2013 12:56:43 PM(edited)
I'm sure the dynamic lighting would be nice. But there would be little to pose a challenge to Raiden during that era. What's stopping people from not taking the stealth route and attacking everything that moves when you're that strong? Or why not just cut your way through the entirety of the game's routes? At least MGR makes an effort to explain that the HF Blade can't cut through everything easily due to the rest of the current tech. And of course, the complaint of 30 FPS from some.

Enemies do get harmed from falling platforms if it cruses them by the way. Such as the Ferris wheel you come across. You can stealth kill a gekko with it. If they're above it, it's not going to do much, remember you are fighting enemies supposedly on equal terms with you, cyborgs.

EDIT - something like this for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FQ6GGXLuhE
---
Arthur is the new Leroy Jenkins. - PKStarSaber
#14NevercomingdownPosted 2/22/2013 12:54:11 PM
That was a real small demo.. it would've been a lot more work to get the entire game like that. And from a gameplay point of view it looks a lot slower and more clunky than Platinum's MGR. I'm happy with how it turned out but those graphics would've been nice, yeah
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.