Metacritic : MG:R 79% and DmC 86%.....what does this mean?

#11dracoguardPosted 2/22/2013 7:28:32 PM
This game is about average length for an all out action game. People say it's short because of the end game timer and the way it tallies up time. This is also one game where I beat it and jumped right back into it because it's just that fun. I feel this game is closer to the Devil May Cry series than DMC.
---
XBL Gamertag: Toxic Sloth
PSN ID: ToxicSloth
#12DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 7:29:27 PM
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
This is a difficult situation.

This really comes down to what kind of gamer you are and what kind of experience you want, cause these games play completely differently and excel in different areas.
Neither of these games are perfect, so it's going to come down to your personal preference.

Hehehehe, quoting myself cause I can't edit my posts on this account yet, but anyways, from what I've gathered from the fanbase here, I'm pretty sure it comes down to if you prefer western action games or eastern action games.
Like western action games (Example: God of War series)? Get DmC.
Like eastern action games (Example: Bayonetta)? Get Revengeance.
Like both? Then your situation just got harder, lol.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#13overmaxxPosted 2/22/2013 7:30:11 PM
It means reviewers are worthless and offer nothing to society.
#14StopthinkPosted 2/22/2013 7:31:16 PM
It means critics are idiots like they've been for the last 10 to 15 years.
---
imo for the tight asses
#15Bancario51Posted 2/22/2013 7:31:43 PM
Crapcom nuff said
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#16yjyjPosted 2/22/2013 7:32:56 PM
This game ia good only at the graphic.
And this game really push the ps3..the game might drop/slow frame sometimes and even result in lag. Do not run well in ps3 especially doing blade mode(horrible lag if ypu spam)

Camera is bad too and the qte make you wonder if u really playing or watch something to happen.

Lack of combo move what important is parry and your atk timing

Story is "focus"/good in the first few chapter but everything feel rush at the middle or lastpart of the game.

6/10

Ask yourself and rate?
---
3DS FC: 0430-8332-5944 YaNJuN
PSN: pohyj88
#17DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 7:33:56 PM
overmaxx posted...

If that's how you feel, then you're taking them a bit too seriously and giving the numbered score too much power.
Reviews serve a purpose. It's the fanbases that get all up in arms about scores and varying opinions.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#18largerockPosted 2/22/2013 7:35:24 PM
Stopthink posted...
It means critics are idiots like they've been for the last 10 to 15 years.

---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#19overmaxxPosted 2/22/2013 7:36:03 PM
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
overmaxx posted...

If that's how you feel, then you're taking them a bit too seriously and giving the numbered score too much power.
Reviews serve a purpose. It's the fanbases that get all up in arms about scores and varying opinions.

Considering there are countless 90-95 "masterpieces" (according to them) that sell really badly, and countless 60-70 "mediocre games" that sell really well, I would argue against reviewers being even relevant in the market.

They are no more relevant than internet ad campaigns, it's all hype machine, but the hype machine doesn't affect nearly as much of the market as they want you to think.
#20RoyalLeaderPosted 2/22/2013 7:38:09 PM
The game doesn't hold your hand so some stupid people decided to give it a low score for not catering to the lowest common denominator