Metacritic : MG:R 79% and DmC 86%.....what does this mean?

#21Fatboy2020Posted 2/22/2013 7:38:45 PM
It means they are both really good but obviously it's up to you to decide what you like.
---
screw internet punctuation/spelling/grammar
you know what it means so dont tell me how to fix it
#22ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/22/2013 7:40:28 PM
It means "professional" reviews ignored DmC's flaws.
#23Gobstoppers12Posted 2/22/2013 7:41:49 PM
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
Gobstoppers12 posted...
It means reviewers suck at parry and don't follow the code of the samurai.

......I thought Raiden was a ninja, lol.

He is, but he also talks about "the code that the samurai lived by." I think he's more of a hybrid ninja/samurai. Sam's fighting style is definitely a samurai style and Raiden mimics that during scenes that have him holding Murasama.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#24DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 7:42:35 PM
overmaxx posted...
overmaxx posted...
It means reviewers are worthless and offer nothing to society.

If that's how you feel, then you're taking them a bit too seriously and giving the numbered score too much power.
Reviews serve a purpose. It's the fanbases that get all up in arms about scores and varying opinions.

Considering there are countless 90-95 "masterpieces" (according to them) that sell really badly, and countless 60-70 "mediocre games" that sell really well, I would argue against reviewers being even relevant in the market.

They are no more relevant than internet ad campaigns, it's all hype machine, but the hype machine doesn't affect nearly as much of the market as they want you to think.

But there are also countless games with high scores that do sell well and plenty of games with low scores that sell like ass.
Ad campaigns are relevant cause who's going to not want to advertise their game. You're not going to spend years working on a game and then not even try to get people to notice it. Of course it's hype machines, but it's the fans fault so many times for getting their hopes up and then blaming the developers for not delivering the experience they thought they were gonna get.
Hype machines are only as strong as the people who blindly follow them.
This is just basic psychology and economics.
The point of reviews in the first place is to help you make a decision on whether or not you're going to like the game. If you get mad at a reviewer for not liking a game you personally enjoy, you're reading reviews wrong.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#25ShimmerManPosted 2/22/2013 7:43:33 PM
So far the game sucks. I mean the combat is bad, literally hack n slash with a parry system tacked on. I will play the game some more though, maybe it will improve.
#26DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 7:44:24 PM
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Gobstoppers12 posted...
It means reviewers suck at parry and don't follow the code of the samurai.

......I thought Raiden was a ninja, lol.

He is, but he also talks about "the code that the samurai lived by." I think he's more of a hybrid ninja/samurai. Sam's fighting style is definitely a samurai style and Raiden mimics that during scenes that have him holding Murasama.

I was just funnin'.
I get kind of bothered at how ninja's and samurai's are somehow in tandem nowadays, while in reality, they couldn't be further apart, let alone the fact that the modern interpretations of their roles are completely askew, haha.
---
#27DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 7:46:36 PM
ShimmerMan posted...
So far the game sucks. I mean the combat is bad, literally hack n slash with a parry system tacked on. I will play the game some more though, maybe it will improve.

Play it a little bit more and unlock some of the other combat moves.
The game should get better, but if not, then it's just not for you :/
It happens.
I understand that the game can come across as repetitive and bland at times.
(Just throwing this out there, but just cause it's over the top doesn't mean it's immediately exciting. Over the top has been done to death before. This game merely keeps up the tradition.)
---
#28TheGrandFinalePosted 2/22/2013 7:50:27 PM
LOL, people reply to the topic srsly. Guy comes in with DmC praise and videos and keep talking about how good the Vergil DLC is...Come on guys hahaha. So transparent and pathetic.
---
GT- F0rneus / Nintendo Network - F0rneus / PSN -Helphinx / Steam- Chern0bog / 3DS FC: 4425-1553-4029
#29DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 7:51:31 PM
TheGrandFinale posted...
LOL, people reply to the topic srsly. Guy comes in with DmC praise and videos and keep talking about how good the Vergil DLC is...Come on guys hahaha. So transparent and pathetic.

Your fanboy is showing.
---
#30velvet_hammerPosted 2/22/2013 7:53:12 PM
did you not see the 2 troll reviews giving it a 3/10? it would be the same score other wise
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique