Metacritic : MG:R 79% and DmC 86%.....what does this mean?

#31chaotix247Posted 2/22/2013 7:53:54 PM
It means nothing. Look at the user versus reviewer score
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - Black Ops 2, DMCHD, MW2, NHL13, Far Cry 3
#32DaggeraxePosted 2/22/2013 7:54:32 PM
Current GameFAQs user ratings:

DmC - 5.8
Revengeance - 8.9
#33megaultrarice34Posted 2/22/2013 7:56:52 PM
hoagie727 posted...
It means reviewers suck at parry.

---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#34DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 7:59:35 PM
Daggeraxe posted...
Current GameFAQs user ratings:

DmC - 5.8
Revengeance - 8.9

You realize that user scores are just as invalid as review scores cause butthurt fans swarm games they don't like with negative reviews.
Has happened with the Mass Effect series, Call of Duty series, etc.
It's best just to make your own conscious decision based on the best available outlets, like gameplay footage.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#35Grey_Fox4Posted 2/22/2013 8:23:36 PM
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
TheGrandFinale posted...
LOL, people reply to the topic srsly. Guy comes in with DmC praise and videos and keep talking about how good the Vergil DLC is...Come on guys hahaha. So transparent and pathetic.

Your fanboy is showing.

I lol'd hard at this.

I got both games because I am huge fan of both series, despite what people are saying I thought DmC did feel like a Devil May Cry game (Gameplay, not story) except it was a little too easy Over Drive and the DT are very OP, the Super costume isn't even fun to use.

Rising has the Fox Blade which is OP to a new level but is very fun to use and Ripper mode is also strong.

If I hadn't had the option to buy both games I'd buy Rising and having played both if I was only allowed to keep one it would be Rising. It is a short game but it's a great game. Overall length doesn't mean too much I'm 1 hour into my Big Boss run on MGS2 but I've invested much more time than that into it.
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#36lokithefoolPosted 2/22/2013 8:25:40 PM
RED823479829378 posted...
I haven't played MG:R yet. I've read opinions and it seems fans are somewhat disappointed in this game, and that it has issues.

I played and enjoyed DmC for what is is, it's a really fun action game but it's not really a true to form DMC game.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting Vergil's Downfall DLC, fan impressions seems that it's really good, Vergil's story is interesting and more true to his DMC3 persona, and the platforming crap is faster since Vergil can teleport around. Combat looks solid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFv0ktUKZ-Y

But I really do want to play MG:R. Should I buy Vergil's DLC for 8 bucks and rent MG:R. I heard it was pretty short? That would be financially reasonable for me. Thanks.

It mean the world is a magical place where nobody opinions matter, but your own. MY GOD I LOVE LIVING IN THIS WORLD!
#37YoyokuKOPosted 2/22/2013 8:27:40 PM
It means its not "bad" games that are killing the industry.
It's the reveiwers
#38DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 8:34:36 PM
Grey_Fox4 posted...
DaAzureGrimoire posted...
TheGrandFinale posted...
LOL, people reply to the topic srsly. Guy comes in with DmC praise and videos and keep talking about how good the Vergil DLC is...Come on guys hahaha. So transparent and pathetic.

Your fanboy is showing.

I lol'd hard at this.

I got both games because I am huge fan of both series, despite what people are saying I thought DmC did feel like a Devil May Cry game (Gameplay, not story) except it was a little too easy Over Drive and the DT are very OP, the Super costume isn't even fun to use.

Rising has the Fox Blade which is OP to a new level but is very fun to use and Ripper mode is also strong.

If I hadn't had the option to buy both games I'd buy Rising and having played both if I was only allowed to keep one it would be Rising. It is a short game but it's a great game. Overall length doesn't mean too much I'm 1 hour into my Big Boss run on MGS2 but I've invested much more time than that into it.

You sir have earned my respect.
While I kind of prefer DmC over this game cause if I had to choose between western cheesy and eastern cheesy, I'd choose western (cause I grew up with anime. I can do without it these days), I respect you for not being a rude and blind fanboy and understanding what personal preference is.
We should be friends, lol.
---
#39BillysanPosted 2/22/2013 8:36:14 PM
It means videogame journalism is out of touch with the actual gameplay of the games they play.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#40DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/22/2013 8:43:55 PM
Or that professional reviewers play so many games that what may seem like an advancement in gameplay to fans doesn't necessarily mean the same to the reviewer.
There's more to games than just gameplay and gameplay can only carry a game so far.
If the story is bad, or the environments the gameplay takes place in suck, or if the camera is janky, or if the physics engine is limp, or etc, the game isn't a godsend.
1 very unique feature that gets overused to set it apart from other games in the genre? Not a godsend.
If you wanna blame anyone for the state of gaming these days, blame the fanboys. Not the gamers, the fanboys. The ones that take things way too far simply because their opinion differs from someone else.
You gotta full package it, but unfortunately, that's hard with the budgets games have these days.
---