Metacritic : MG:R 79% and DmC 86%.....what does this mean?

#71RichterB17Posted 2/23/2013 12:02:23 AM
xxchosterxx posted...
it means that DmC is better, is more fun, is longer, and the story has sense.

LOL no, that would mean if I start up DmC again I would have fun, but I didn't have fun and the story makes even less sense than MGR (seriously no one can come up with a clear answer as to why time stopped on Mission 15). All it comes down to is that reviewers had a better experience with DmC than MGR.

DmC doesn't take a whole lot of skill to play and it's pretty damn easy (even with the patch) throughout whereas MGR takes a bit of skill and timing to pull off essential moves like parrying. That right there can make or break the enjoyment of a game, it will click with some people and those are the ones who will give it the high scores and the ones that just don't get it are the ones that are going to hate it (like the 3/10 review). MGR is not for everybody because it doesn't immediately reward you.

Also I do believe the whole anti-DmC thing had created a bias with reviewers. They see NT as the little guy (for some reason) and want to defend them no matter what the quality the game is. Just recently articles were coming out blaming the fans for the game not selling well even though we were told if we don't like it don't buy it. It's ridiculous.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#72SAO_SouthernerPosted 2/23/2013 12:13:17 AM
RED823479829378 posted...
I haven't played MG:R yet. I've read opinions and it seems fans are somewhat disappointed in this game, and that it has issues.

I played and enjoyed DmC for what is is, it's a really fun action game but it's not really a true to form DMC game.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting Vergil's Downfall DLC, fan impressions seems that it's really good, Vergil's story is interesting and more true to his DMC3 persona, and the platforming crap is faster since Vergil can teleport around. Combat looks solid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFv0ktUKZ-Y

But I really do want to play MG:R. Should I buy Vergil's DLC for 8 bucks and rent MG:R. I heard it was pretty short? That would be financially reasonable for me. Thanks.

It means the 360 version is better. On both Metacritic and Gamerankings.

82 metascore on metacritic for MGRR on xbox. Made of 27 good reviews and 2 mixed reviews.

83 percent based on 26 reviews on Gamerankings.
---
Want to watch a fat redneck do stupid crap? I do it for free. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zTheJ1EQw
#73IamthekuzalolPosted 2/23/2013 12:18:22 AM
One reviewer gave this game a f****** 3/10. That goes the credibility of professional critics.
#74sjwho2Posted 2/23/2013 12:36:41 AM
Unfortunately sales will prove the endgame.
#75Gump_the_GreatPosted 2/23/2013 1:04:32 AM
Its funny how many think that 3/10 score was a troll review, personally i think that was the only posted review that had any credibility at all.

The game is terrible, and you should all feel ashamed for supporting the worst thing to have the Metal Gear name put on it since Snake's Revenge.
#76SairosPosted 2/23/2013 1:11:02 AM
Gump_the_Great posted...
Its funny how many think that 3/10 score was a troll review, personally i think that was the only posted review that had any credibility at all.

The game is terrible, and you should all feel ashamed for supporting the worst thing to have the Metal Gear name put on it since Snake's Revenge.

I have played every MGS game on the Playstation Systems, if the "game is terrible" then why do I, and quite a few others, have such a blast playing it?

Wouldn't we get bored or irritated partway through and then stop playing rather than go through multiple playthroughs?
---
Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
PSN: Aeturnum
#77evilashxeroPosted 2/23/2013 1:58:16 AM(edited)
I have only played the demo to DmC, and it was....alright. It just wasn't that fun, for some reason. Rising is a blast.

And you know, Skyrim ranks higher than Dark Souls on MC too. And DS doesn't even have 90 percent. And I think it's the best game of this gen.

Critics like these cinematic snoozefests. And I don't mean like Metal Gear Solid(although that probably did help with 4's reviews).
They just like these games with grade B Hollywood stories, and OK gameplay. And that they're long, and having multiplayer is a big plus. It's just the way it goes.

There's not enough people in it for the gameplay anymore.

If your game is something like Uncharted, you're gonna get some 9s. Yes, I don't like Uncharted. And also if you make an above par FPS. They freaking LOVE those.
---
NO REFUGE
#78RollingSkullPosted 2/23/2013 1:56:41 AM
It means both MGR and DmC are very good games but neither are destined to rival the classics in the hack and slash genre.
---
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000
#79Capitan_KidPosted 2/23/2013 1:58:18 AM
It means that DmC is a good game despite the comments from butthurt haters
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#80FulvipPosted 2/23/2013 2:01:51 AM
Funny thing for me is that if you read a lot of the DmC reviews, many of them are incomplete and don't mention story, characters, platforming, they focus so much on the gameplay, which is half broken. And those that mention the story say it's good, something I strongly disagree with. But in the end, all the people who see the sales tanking and blaming the fans, after this being one of the very few times I can remember people voting with their wallet, showing that a lot has gone wrong with this game, are very butthurt.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore